city and tropical tour

mrya1967

Hi guys my family are traveling to PV in December on the carnival miracle on December 4th. We are thinking on taking the city and tropical tour with PV tours. Can anyone give me any feedback on the tour, if it is worth doing from a cruise ship and where it actually travels in the tropical areas?

If it is your goal to get a basic look at the city and the surrounding countryside, then it is a real value. Especially if you think that returning on a land vacation is in your future.

Know in advance that every stop you make will have a business or group of vendors that are there to get you to spend your tourist dollars. Some people find this business arrangement between the tour company and vendors to be objectionable. It is Mexico and it is what it is.

Enjoy!

Hi guys my family are traveling to PV in December on the carnival miracle on December 4th. We are thinking on taking the city and tropical tour with PV tours. Can anyone give me any feedback on the tour, if it is worth doing from a cruise ship and where it actually travels in the tropical areas?

I looked at their website, the description is kind of old. You can't drive down the Malecon, it's pedestrian only. And the restaurant up in the jungle has been closed for several years. BUT, it's still a decent tour of PV. We purchased this tour for $25 at the marina on our first visit to PV about 8 years ago. You could probably e-mail PV Tours and see what the current offerings are. Come visit the roll call.

If they don't respond, don't worry. When you get off the ship there is a pop up canopy with a "Hospitality" banner. There you can hire a licensed guide with a van for a private 4 hour tour. Not sure how big your family is but they have a fleet of 8-12 passenger vans ready to go.

Archived