Pullmantur's Sovereign from Barcelona

marny60

We are planning a trip to Spain and Portugal May 2013 and found this cruise line on Vacations to go. Has anyone here taken a cruise to Italy, France and Tunisia from Barcelona? We would like to hear about your experience.

Hi Marny60, i havnt but just spotted you have put Pullmanturs .

I saw them advertised the other night on Liverpool cruise clubs program on TV, seemed so cheap ( One week, inc flights, All Inclusive, for £449!!)

I had a read through the reviews for them on here and sounded quite good. Only problem seemed to be that as a spanish line they are more geared towards Spanish and French but the reviews were still good from the british users.

The Soverign is an ex Royal Caribbean ship, Royal Caribbean actually own Pullmantur cruises now so think they sound a real bargain.

Sorry cant be more use and hope i havnt only told you what you already know :)

• 8 months later...

Hello, we did a cruise on the Pullmantur Soverign out of Barcelona last year and enjoyed it very much. That was our second Pullmantur cruise, and we are going on our next one, again on the Sovereign late this fall out of Valencia. If you have questions about the ship just ask. No problem speaking English as many of the staff want to learn it, so with a little patience all goes well. Menus and announcements are always in English as well as Spanish.

The ship is not new and has a few rough edges but our experience has been that the very positive attitude of the staff makes up for the age of the ship.

The food was great and there were many Spanish dishes, but if you are expecting an experience catered to North Americans this might not be for you. Our last cruise was on the MSC Lirica and while the cabins were fantastic (at least our suite was) the staff were not a happy bunch, the food was terrible and drinks cost a lot.

BTW almost all drinks are included in the Pullmantur price and don't forget to get a litre of bottled water each day at any bar to take back to your cabin as that is included too. No little pieces of paper to sign!

We did this itinerary in June, and you can see my review in this section a few threads down. We are American, and when we boarded the ship we were one of 30 Americans. (we got on in Genoa) When we left Barcelona with a new crowd, there were only 11 of us.

All in all, it's a great bargain and I'm glad we did it. But there were a few bumps -

We are looking at cruising on Zenith in South America - a 9 day round trip from Rio. Is anyone else from here going or does any one have comments about this ship or line as I am totally unfamiliar with them?:confused:

Archived