On Legend all power lost

I'm currently on the Legend and we are sitting dead in the water somewhere in the Caribbean. The captain just came on and said one of the engines "tripped". Hoping things change soon!

Oh no...sorry to hear that news Deb :( Hope they get it fixed and back up and running soon. Keep us updated if you can.

I hope our resident engineer will see this and shed some light on it. I was always under the impression that ALL Royal Caribbean ships have redundant power sources so this doesnt happen.

Could this be the Captains way of playing an April Fools joke? :confused:

Maybe power for propulsion is lost, but generators for ship electricity are still working.

Scratch this theory.

I just read that Legend is all electric, 5 engines generating electricity that power 2 electric motors for propulsion.

I hope our resident engineer will see this and shed some light on it. I was always under the impression that ALL Royal Caribbean ships have redundant power sources so this doesnt happen.

Could this be the Captains way of playing an April Fools joke? :confused:

In the event of a massive electrical failure in the engine room, the only backup power source is the emergency generator. It powers emergency lighting and some other critical systems only. It cannot power the propulsion system.

I don't know how the engines are laid out on Legend or if she has separate engine rooms. I know that at least Voyager class and newer all have 2 independent engine rooms so that if one suffers a failure the other is completely separate electrically and phyiscally and can continue running its engines for propulsion power.

Edited by compuryan