Coco cay cancellations

We are heading out on the majesty in a little less than 2 weeks and I was wondering what the chances will be of us missing coco cay. We've only been on one cruise that made a stop there and didn't have any issues back in sept 2013. After reading a little more on here it seems it gets missed fairly often? We have another couple going with us who haven't ever cruised and I really want them to be able to experience coco cay!

Understood, but it is impossible to predict. Hope for the best, but know that it may not be possible. This has been discussed here before, and the replies were all over the place. Some had made 1, 2, 3, 4, or 5 out of 5 times. I mean, it's just impossible to guess. *shrug*

Hope you make it. We had a gorgeous day there. :)

We are heading out on the majesty in a little less than 2 weeks and I was wondering what the chances will be of us missing coco cay. We've only been on one cruise that made a stop there and didn't have any issues back in sept 2013. After reading a little more on here it seems it gets missed fairly often? We have another couple going with us who haven't ever cruised and I really want them to be able to experience coco cay!

We've probably missed Coco Cay about 1 out of every 5 times we've had the opportunity to go there.

I read somewhere that when Enchantment missed it for the hurricane, it was the first time in six months.

But, I have no idea if that's true or not.

Yep I was on that cruise this past weekend and that's what the cruise director told us.

This was the first time out of 3 I've missed a private island. I leave Sunday for Majesty of the Seas that has a stop there so I'm hoping we make it. There was no damage, the sea was just too rough to use the tender service to get to the island. They really tried as Coco Cay had been closed for 2-3 days. They had brought the water sports back out and took us all the way there but ultimately the sea was too rough.

I'll give you some hope, I'm 3 for 3 at making Coco Cay, and the Halloween Cruise we did on Majesty was our best day there.

We missed it on Christmas Day 2013. A Princess ship and a Norwegian ship missed their "private" islands as well so all three cruise ships just circled round and round all day long. It was actually quite comical to watch. It would have been funny if they'd just all three tied up together and had a party (like we do in our ski boats in the river)! LOL {Just kidding for those of you who think I'm serious.}

First time we've ever had to skip it was this August. We just sailed on (in formation) with the ships from Norwegian and Disney who also had to skip their private islands. Got to Nassau about 3pm on day 2 instead of early on day 3.

Not that it will always happen like that, but it made for a quieter ship that night as all the partiers went ashore.

It's so hard to predict! We've made it only once out of four times. Good luck! Hope you make it.

Yep I was on that cruise this past weekend and that's what the cruise director told us.

This was the first time out of 3 I've missed a private island. I leave Sunday for Majesty of the Seas that has a stop there so I'm hoping we make it. There was no damage, the sea was just too rough to use the tender service to get to the island. They really tried as Coco Cay had been closed for 2-3 days. They had brought the water sports back out and took us all the way there but ultimately the sea was too rough.

Thanks for this post! Good to know Coco Cay is fine after Joaquin and is only sometimes missed now because of rough seas.

LuLu

Can you more specifically tell us the ship and month you missed CocoCay?

Not familiar with RCI but on NCL, it's missed around 75% of the time on a ship like Breakaway. I guess the size of the ship is a factor in addition to weather and wind.

Edited by conandrob240