Free 8 Day 7 night cruise +airfares scam

back2tampa

I recieved a nice letter (you know the one that you have to tear the sides off to open it) and it says: CONGRATULATIONS you have been selected to recieve * an 8 day 7 night cruise for two with an outside cabin,leaving from any major port in the U.S.

Call within 48 hours. You have ben selected to *as a bonus 2 round trip airfares leaving from or going to any major airport in the continental U.S.

I called the phone no and talked to the guy and he says that they are from Vacation Connection and they need no credit card numbers just want to see it for ID and they were not trying to sale anything but want to give these away so I can spread the word about there buisness so more people will use them..I have to confess that I was in and told him I would be at the place on the date he wanted to hear what they had to say and again I ask him if I had to buy anything or give him a credit card no. and he said no..They just want word out about there buisness.

As soon as they hung up I called Carnival and they checked and checked and could not find NOTHING and even the lady I was talking to from Carnival said she would have done it but like most of these spam mails it was not real(she even looked up the phone no that they gave me and it was a private persons no) ..The scam says all you have to pay is the taxes and port charges but after doing some net searches I found several people that got took by these crooks.I guess that after you pay all the charges its cheaper to go through Carnival and they keep asking for money and say that cruise that you pick is full after getting your money.

NOTHING IS FREE..DONT EVEN OPEN IT!!!

THANK YOU CARNIVAL FOR NOT LETTING ME WASTE MONEY OR 90 MINUTES OF MY LIFE!

I DID GIVE HER ALL MY INFO THAT WAS ON THE LETTER AND SHE SAID SHE WAS GIONG TO GET IT LOOKED AT BY SOMEONE FROM CARNIVAL SO I HOPE THEY SEND SOMEONE THERE TO SHUT THEM DOWN!

I get them too.

Keep them on the phone asking them ridiculous questions so hopefully will get the hint and not waste my time in the future.

I do this as I find the calls rather funny to do.

i have caller id i say door then when they call up i answer tony's pizza our special is a large sausage pie for 9.99 will that be pickup or delivery ?

they never call back :)

The wife and I fell for one of these many years ago. You buy a package for x amount of dollars for x amount of cruises or land vacations at AI resorts. They restrict the times you can go and then they have these "booking" fees which are almost as much as if you booked the cruise yourself. Live and learn.

My boyfriend got one of these in the mail after our last cruise. It sounded great, but then reality set in, and I heard my mother's voice saying, "If it's too good to be true, it probably is." We thought it must have been some timeshare thing, but it's worse that it is some scam.

I wonder that also.I think that they work a area since the guy told me he was having the meeting at a hotel here(Panama city, FL.) this week and said he did'nt have many spots left.I almost fell for it so I know alot of people do..I am waiting for the call back so I can tell him that I talked to Carnival and they had not even herd of them and did'nt have them on there list and tried to look up there phone number and could'nt find NOTHING about them.

The wife and I fell for one of these many years ago. You buy a package for x amount of dollars for x amount of cruises or land vacations at AI resorts. They restrict the times you can go and then they have these "booking" fees which are almost as much as if you booked the cruise yourself. Live and learn.

A week after my husband and I got married my very sweet GULLIBLE husband answered the phone and actually gave his credit card info for a $89 Hawaiian vacation...

26 years later and I am still waiting. Since then when he answers these calls, (and he still does) they hear a screaming lunatic in the background yelling "who is it! hang up!"

He also bought a set of "encyclopedias" for our children...really? We had a computer by then with an encyclopedia DVD. Sigh...but he is a sweet man....

He also bought a set of "encyclopedias" for our children...really? We had a computer by then with an encyclopedia DVD. Sigh...but he is a sweet man....

:D the kids can take the encyclopedias to school and show all the other kids what mom & dad used to have to look through before wikipedia !

I get them too.

Keep them on the phone asking them ridiculous questions so hopefully will get the hint and not waste my time in the future.

I do this as I find the calls rather funny to do.

I do this all the time when I get these calls - I start out asking "can I fly to Chigaco, can I fly to New York, can I fly to Miami - by the time I ask the 15th place they hang up". Or I'll ask if I can take my mother who is 87 but looks 72 and still plays hockey but she had an injury that she needs a wheel chair - do they have those available and that she also needs special food as she gets terrible gas and so on - get my drift. And again they hang up - Gee, I haven't had a call for some time - wonder why

Archived