Reporting live from the Summit, presently at sea. Our week six aboard.

A Sixth?

The weather in the Caribbean for this whole trip, we boarded January 2nd, has been the best I've ever seen. And we used to live on our own boat down here and cruise here every winter! Sunny, relatively calm seas and very warm.

Today is no exception as I type this to post to the Cruise Critic. [i'll apologize right here that I have missed every get-together because either they had them on a port day when I was off the boat or on a sea day at nine thirty AM when I am sleeping in.

The ship is a little tired here and there, for example the chairs at the Sunset Bar are few in number because the slats keep breaking even when the daintiest of a person sits on them. The sun has worn them out.

Service in Blu the first month we were here was top notch as was the food. Five stars. The dining room is as chaotic as it usually is save first and last nights but the food is better than I remembered it the last time we dined there.

Things gone: Q-tips, different bath products Aqua and standard rooms, binoculars in Aqua, chocolates at the El Bacio, of coarse formal nights and the officers tables.

New, back to backs now get a coupon for a bag of laundry. As much as you can stuff. Further Celebrity said they will offer a discount on the price for passengers booking B2Bs.

The internet is still slow, but at times not as slow as it used to be. Still the news feed here is reporting that Kennedy's been shot so the speed issue needs improving

Off to the pool.

Donald

Thanks for your report while on the Summit.

Sorry to hear about lack of chairs at the Sunset Bar.

it is my favorite out door place on the M class ships.

Hope the Constellation has enough chairs there when we board in July. :eek:

No more chocolates at El Bacio ? Darn ! :( Missed this cutback .

Does the itinerary charge or is it the same A & B alternating East/West Carribean ?

How many weeks in total are you cruising for ? Same cabin for all ?

(January weather was fine in the West-Island ;) )

Things gone: the officers tables.

New, back to backs now get a coupon for a bag of laundry.

On the other ships the officers tables are not gone, just moved from the MDR to specialty restaurants. Quite an upgrade actually!!!

Is the bag of laundry instead of or in addition to the lunch at B05?

Have fun !!!

Great review. Look forward to more details.

In Blu restaurant, Can you find out if Billy will still be onboard through April? We are sailing her repro beginning April 23rd. We had Billy as our waiter this past October and fell in love with his tender service and how genuine he is as a person.

Appreciate your assistance

On the other ships the officers tables are not gone, just moved from the MDR to specialty restaurants. Quite an upgrade actually!!!
They did that on the Summit as well when we were last on her, shortly after they made the change from formal nights to chic.

We thought it was a nice improvement.

No more chocolates at El Bacio ? Darn ! :( Missed this cutback .

Does the itinerary charge or is it the same A & B alternating East/West Carribean ?

How many weeks in total are you cruising for ? Same cabin for all ?

(January weather was fine in the West-Island ;) )

Summit usually does alternating Southern cruises from San Juan until April when she relocates to Bayonne.

Presently docked in Barbados

The itinerary we're doing is one week Barbados, St Lucia, Antigua, St Martin / the other week Tortola, Martinique, Dominica, St Kitts. Both weeks include a sea day and if it's Friday it's St Thomas and of course Saturdays we turnaround in San Juan.

B2Bs get lunch in the Cosmopolitan but that may be because there have been around 300 of us each week so coupons for Bistro on Five wouldn't work.

Super Bowl TVs sprinkled around the bars and the theater showed the game.

Bar service has been excellent. Those drink packages are by far the most common way passengers pay f or their drinks but man, are the bar staff fast these cruises.

Even though virtually all the Elites and up have a drink package the Elite Happy Hour in Revelations has been well attended. Ashley, the Captains Club Hostess is as bubbly and helpful as ever and is not a bad pool volleyball player as she is part of the at sea day officers vs guests game in the main pool.

BTW, the water is nice and warm in all the pools (salt water all)

Donald

I was on b2b cruises on the Summit in January. There were an enormous number of people in Revelations on the change over day. The procedure was handled very well. I remember being told about the lunch in the Cosmopolitan. However, there was no mention of any free laundry. Being elite plus, I get more free laundry coupons than I can use. Many of the b2b cruisers are not elite or higher. Did they get free laundry coupons that were honored on the last 3 days of the first cruise? My elite plus laundry coupons are not valid on the last 3 days of a cruise. It would have been nice to be able to have laundry done toward the end of the 1st cruise. Also, a discount for taking b2b cruises would be appreciated. There are other lines that discount all cruises after the first.

I was on b2b cruises on the Summit in January. There were an enormous number of people in Revelations on the change over day. The procedure was handled very well. I remember being told about the lunch in the Cosmopolitan. However, there was no mention of any free laundry. Being elite plus, I get more free laundry coupons than I can use. Many of the b2b cruisers are not elite or higher. Did they get free laundry coupons that were honored on the last 3 days of the first cruise? My elite plus laundry coupons are not valid on the last 3 days of a cruise. It would have been nice to be able to have laundry done toward the end of the 1st cruise. Also, a discount for taking b2b cruises would be appreciated. There are other lines that discount all cruises after the first.

The laundry is a brand new thing as of Feb. So is the slight ($50.00 or so) discount..

I'll try to get a pic of the menu at celler-ms

I have decided that I love this ship

Great day ashore today as the unusually perfect weather continues. Turners beach Antigua needs more shade but OJ's between Turner's and JackieOs beach was a great treat! Cheap beer, great chow and no one there for the ten minute walk up t.he beach

Edited by A Sixth?