Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Cruise Lines "P - Z" > Royal Caribbean International

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Royal Caribbean International
NEW! Find Your ROYAL CARIBBEAN Roll Call

Old February 28th, 2012, 04:58 AM
Cool Cruiser

Default Indy - Canaries

We are going from Southampton to Canaries, do all passengers get on in Southampton, or do passengers also start there holidays from other ports we call at.

Last year while on MSC around the Med, people embarked and disembarked at most ports, found this a nightmare for noise at night/early morning with where our cabin was situated..

Old February 28th, 2012, 04:59 AM
Cool Cruiser

Just Southampton

My Summer Cruise Blog

Old February 28th, 2012, 08:12 AM
Cool Cruiser

Question Noisy cabins

Glad I'm not the only one worried about noisy cabin!
Does anyone know what is situated next to cabin 6563 ? I know it overlooks the promenade, but from diagram we can't tell what is next door ? Hope it's not a staff service area,

Old February 28th, 2012, 03:42 PM
Cool Cruiser

Dont worry about noise on Indy, we have stayed in promenade rooms, which have been next to staff service areas and very rarely if at all have we heard any noise, even looking out onto the promenade when there is a big event going on with loud music etc you cant hear it, so they are well insulated cabins, we have been on ships before with interconnecting doors, that have been locked and even so you can hear the next room having a conversation! Avoid those rooms like mad now, worst cabin we had for noise from next door was Costa Concordia, the walls were paper thin on her as for Indy, dont worry, she is well insulated and she is 'my' ship, we were on her maiden voyage plus a few times since, she is lovely!!! Enjoy!
Independence of the Seas - May 2008
Carnival Splendor - July 2008
Independence of the Seas - August 2008
Aurora - November 2008
Navigator of the Seas - May 2009
Independence of the Seas - August 2009
Celebrity Eclipse - April 2010
Independence of the Seas - November 2010
Costa Concordia - June 2011
Crown Princess - July 2011
Arcadia - December 2011
Brilliance of the Seas - May 2012
Ventura - July 2012

Old February 29th, 2012, 03:04 AM
Cool Cruiser

Thumbs up

Thanks for that reassurance

Ad Sponsored By
Old February 29th, 2012, 04:13 AM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nellie77 View Post
Glad I'm not the only one worried about noisy cabin!
Does anyone know what is situated next to cabin 6563 ? I know it overlooks the promenade, but from diagram we can't tell what is next door ? Hope it's not a staff service area,
Just remember to close the curtains

Old February 29th, 2012, 04:17 AM
Cool Cruiser

Indy is rather sound proof. We have stayed in cabins near the lifts, next to interconnecting cabins, near service areas and we have had nothing but a peaceful nights sleep.

They time all the "street" shows so it doesn't run too late as to disturb other passengers.

Have a good time won't you

CK x

Old February 29th, 2012, 05:14 AM
5,000+ Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by cocowills View Post
We are going from Southampton to Canaries, do all passengers get on in Southampton, or do passengers also start there holidays from other ports we call at.

Last year while on MSC around the Med, people embarked and disembarked at most ports, found this a nightmare for noise at night/early morning with where our cabin was situated..
That's a good point I never thought about. Another reason why not to sail MSC and Costa which also may have embarkation/debarkation in several ports, unless you are planning on getting off the ship early in that port for sightseeing.

Carnival: Dream, Splendor(5), Conquest, Victory (4), Liberty, Freedom (2), Glory (2), Miracle(2), Holiday, Valor, Triumph (3),Breeze, Ecstasy. Total: 25 cruises
NCL: Norway, Leeward (2), Star (3), Sun, Jewel (3), Gem, Spirit (2), Epic, Dawn, Breakaway. Total: 16 cruises
Celebrity: Zenith, Galaxy, Century (2), Mercury, Millennium (4), Constellation (2), Summit(2). Total: 13 cruises
RCCL: Brilliance (2), Vision (2), Enchantment (4), Voyager (2), Liberty (2), Navigator (2), Explorer (2), Majesty, Monarch(2), Jewel, Mariner, Independence, Freedom, Legend, Grandeur. Total: 25 cruises
Princess: Grand (2), Caribbean (2), Crown (2), Diamond, Dawn. Total: 8 cruises
Cunard: QM2 (4). Total: 4 cruises
Renaissance: R2. Total: 1 cruise
Holland-America: Maasdam, Zaandam, Zuiderdam, Eurodam, Rotterdam. Total: 5 cruises
MSC-Divina. Total: 1 cruise
Grand Total: 90 cruises

Old February 29th, 2012, 08:13 AM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruise pup View Post
That's a good point I never thought about. Another reason why not to sail MSC and Costa which also may have embarkation/debarkation in several ports, unless you are planning on getting off the ship early in that port for sightseeing.
We've been on two MSC Cruises, the one around the greek island was a fab cruise, only picked up at Venice then Bari which where the first two days. The one we picked up nearly every day was around the Med.

Old February 29th, 2012, 08:14 AM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by isdoo View Post
Just Southampton
Thanks for that.

Old February 29th, 2012, 11:10 AM
5,000+ Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by cocowills View Post
We've been on two MSC Cruises, the one around the greek island was a fab cruise, only picked up at Venice then Bari which where the first two days. The one we picked up nearly every day was around the Med.
Glad you enjoyed your cruises with them. However, I'm not keen on booking with either line. As I mentioned, this was just another reason. I have several others so it wouldn't change my mind. That's just how I feel. Fine for others but not worth risking the $ to find out whether or not it's right from me based on other's reports.

Carnival: Dream, Splendor(5), Conquest, Victory (4), Liberty, Freedom (2), Glory (2), Miracle(2), Holiday, Valor, Triumph (3),Breeze, Ecstasy. Total: 25 cruises
NCL: Norway, Leeward (2), Star (3), Sun, Jewel (3), Gem, Spirit (2), Epic, Dawn, Breakaway. Total: 16 cruises
Celebrity: Zenith, Galaxy, Century (2), Mercury, Millennium (4), Constellation (2), Summit(2). Total: 13 cruises
RCCL: Brilliance (2), Vision (2), Enchantment (4), Voyager (2), Liberty (2), Navigator (2), Explorer (2), Majesty, Monarch(2), Jewel, Mariner, Independence, Freedom, Legend, Grandeur. Total: 25 cruises
Princess: Grand (2), Caribbean (2), Crown (2), Diamond, Dawn. Total: 8 cruises
Cunard: QM2 (4). Total: 4 cruises
Renaissance: R2. Total: 1 cruise
Holland-America: Maasdam, Zaandam, Zuiderdam, Eurodam, Rotterdam. Total: 5 cruises
MSC-Divina. Total: 1 cruise
Grand Total: 90 cruises