Global Entry

I've read some reports (though none confirmed) that travelers with Global Entry can go to the next available agent (i.e. skip the line) in Customs. The theory being that Global Entry is technically available for those re-entering the US via air or sea and the procedures for airports clearly spell out if the machines are not working, you see the officer and jump the line. However, since there are no machines at the cruise ports, many have concluded (and some say TSA has confirmed) that you can jump the line there as well.

DH and I just got our Global Entry/Trusted Traveler and this would be AWESOME if it were true (except for all of the dirty looks we are likely to get from those standing in line.)

Anyone know?

I've read some reports (though none confirmed) that travelers with Global Entry can go to the next available agent (i.e. skip the line) in Customs. The theory being that Global Entry is technically available for those re-entering the US via air or sea and the procedures for airports clearly spell out if the machines are not working, you see the officer and jump the line. However, since there are no machines at the cruise ports, many have concluded (and some say TSA has confirmed) that you can jump the line there as well.

DH and I just got our Global Entry/Trusted Traveler and this would be AWESOME if it were true (except for all of the dirty looks we are likely to get from those standing in line.)

Anyone know?

Didn't you pay for the privledge? We have not used ours yet but are eager to find if this is true. Making disembarkation easier would be a joy.

Yes, we paid (technically). It's actually reimbursed by AMEX if you have a Platinum card, but I do pay that annual fee. So yes.

We leave next weekend and I plan to bring our passports and our Global Entry cards. We're sailing out of Cape Liberty. I will post what happens.

Anyone know?

Well, I know that TSA has nothing whatsoever to do with cruise ports. As far as I know, there is currently no magic pass to get around the customs/immigration lines at disembarkation.

On the good side, your air travel should get much easier now. We're considering getting GE/TT certification, just so we don't have to pay for first class to use the shorter/faster security lines at the airport.

Global Entry saved us recently when returning from Stockholm -- if we hadn't been able to use it we would have never made our connecting flight. Unfortunately, as others have said, they cannot be used at cruise ports. :(

Marianne

At the airports that have it there are special lines for global entry. Unfortuntely not available at most cruise ports yet. Also still have to wait for luggage. No way to speed that up. And the tsa precheck line is nice when flying.