Motion

fb0075

We are avid aft cruisers and love the stern cabins BUT booking another Panama Canal cruise,I was thinking of moving to the suites in front for a GREAT view ---

my concern is how much extra motion in the extreme forward suite as opposed to the aft ones?

thanks FRANK

We are avid aft cruisers and love the stern cabins BUT booking another Panama Canal cruise,I was thinking of moving to the suites in front for a GREAT view ---

my concern is how much extra motion in the extreme forward suite as opposed to the aft ones?

thanks FRANK

Ask 100 different cruisers this question and you will get 100 different takes on motion of the ocean. What you will feel more of forward is pitch, the up and down motion. We quite like pitch and find we sleep well with the up and down motion. Roll we don't like so much and rolling side to side doesn't matter that much as to location other than lower is less roll than higher decks. If any of this bothers you, the Ship's Doctor has a cure all injection.

thanks FRANK

Having in both of the suites aft and stern on Oceania ( same ships) I would say

Stay aft if you can. The motion is MUCH worse in the front and you only have views forward when near land. There is so much ship in front of you that you don't really have a sea view let alone a wake view.

Having in both of the suites aft and stern on Oceania ( same ships) I would say

Stay aft if you can. The motion is MUCH worse in the front and you only have views forward when near land. There is so much ship in front of you that you don't really have a sea view let alone a wake view.

Agree. Have stayed in staterooms on the stern on ships ranging from 690 to 2500 passengers and have never had an issue with motion. I like to circumnavigate the passageways when walking at 5am and it's obvious when doing so that the worst motion is at the front of the ship.