question about leaving from newyork

kclark85

Our cruise leaves on 10th November from Bayjonne new jersey, to the eastern carrbeann for 10 nights. Our first stop is St Maarten which we will arrive 14th November.

I was wondering when the weather starts to become warmer??

Our cruise leaves on 10th November from Bayjonne new jersey, to the eastern carrbeann for 10 nights. Our first stop is St Maarten which we will arrive 14th November.

I was wondering when the weather starts to become warmer??

I am assuming you will be joining us on the Explorer of the Seas for this cruise. If so, WELCOME. Please join us on the "Royal Caribbean Meet and Mingle" Explorer of the Seas section to meet some of the rest of the folks cruising with us. We have a lot of things planned and would love to have you join us, if you wish of course. Please sign up for the Meet & Mingle hosted by Royal Caribbean for Cruise Critic (CC) members. You can do that on the roll call board. More questions? Please ask.

Here's the link to our roll call.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1199751

November weather is hard to predict along the eastern US and can vary from warm days (we call it "Indian Summer") to snow and everything in between. So here is my advice. A few days before you depart the UK you should look on a good weather site. We like Accuweather.com which has forecasts going out to 15 days. Although its hard to forecast that far in advance, they have a pretty good track record with temperature predictions. You might want to look at the New York, NJ, forcast and then also look at Norfolk, VA (for your 2nd day) and Miami, FL for your 3rd day. This should give you some idea of what to expect.

Hank

Be sure to bring a warm coat, hat, and gloves so you have the possiblity of being outside. It's really exciting to be on deck and go under the Verrazano Bridge. There's also nice to go out on deck even if it's cool - there are many sheltered areas where you can be outside, but not in the wind. My experience has been that the first day is warmer because the ship is in the Gulf Stream. However, if there are high winds, then it can still be cold.

• 3 weeks later...
Thanks for the info guys, we just didnt know what to pack!! Looking forward to it, we arrive in Newyork on Monday for a few days before the cruise. Its our first cruise and we cant wait.

EOS is a great ship, and you should have a great time.

I have a review in my sig from our June cruise.

In November NYC will have weather similar to what you have at home. However, weather around here has been nuts; it's snowed for Halloween! Pack layers. By the afternoon of the second day it will be warm enough to lay in the sun.

Archived