Advice on dis-embarkation please.

Highly Sociable

This is our first trip and I am unsure as to the best way to dis-embark and make sure that we catch our train.

We are due to arrive in Southampton at 9am. There are trains running about every hour, but the best one for us to catch is at 11.15am, as this is a direct train.

Is it feasable to catch this, or should we dis-embark at a leisurely pace and catch the next direct train at 3.15pm. As the train journey is about 4 hours, the earlier one would be our preference.

We are in a category B5 cabin, if this makes any difference.

Thanks

If you can handle your own luggage you can do self disembark. You go to the Purer's desk and ask for a blue self disembark card. You can then get off the ship with your luggage once early disembarkation starts. You keep your luggage in your cabin and you must be able to handle it yourself. Hope this helps.

B.

If you can handle your own luggage you can do self disembark. You go to the Purer's desk and ask for a blue self disembark card. You can then get off the ship with your luggage once early disembarkation starts. You keep your luggage in your cabin and you must be able to handle it yourself. Hope this helps.

B.

If you do not dock until 9 am unless you can manage your own luggage I would go for the later train, the ship may dock a little late and it takes quite a while to disembark gather your luggage and get a Taxi to the railway Station. Why not enquire if there is a left luggage facility at Southampton. I speak from experience, we were due to catch a train at 12.30 but were delayed due to bad weather in the Bay of Biscay. We missed our train------but so did everyone else and to make matters worse so did the people on the Oriana. We ended up staying the night in Southampton, purely because we could not face the crowds on the later trains and there were no more through trains that day. We now use Coach Connect.

We took the bus but one survival note I have in big bold letters for next time is 'BRING WATER".

We followed instructions to the letter and from the time we gathered in the theatre until we were dropped off at Victoria Station, probabaly 5 hours, not a drop was to be seen.

They had CNN on the big screen in the theatre catching up with the outside world to kill time. I think I would have rather had a taped lecture by one of the Oxford guys and saved the real world for Heathrow. Plenty of it there.

Beautiful countryside on the way in the bus

After our experience at Red Hook in April........ we will ALWAYS make sure we can self disembark.

Make sure your luggage has wheels and it is very helpful if you can link the smaller bags to ther larger ones to make the job easier. A small daypack with all your onward travel documents and water etc that you can carry on your back or over your shoulder is also a good idea.

A little planning will save you hours of waiting.

Archived