Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Cruise Lines "A - O" > Holland America Line

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Holland America Line
Read thousands of Holland America Cruise Reviews from real cruisers and compare the best Holland America Cruise Deals

How to Organize a Cruise Critic Meet & Mingle (Meet & Greet) on Board Your Holland America Cruise

NEW! Find Your HOLLAND AMERICA Roll Call

Old August 6th, 2004, 12:44 AM
Cool Cruiser

Question Reservations Pinnacle Grill - Zuiderdam

Do they have tables for 10 at the Pinnacle on the Zuiderdam? Can we make reservations at the Pinnacle Grill before our cruise if we don't want the first night? If we go to Pinnacle on a formal night will we miss the special food in the dining room? Thanks for your advice!
Zaandam Jan 2011 Sea of Cortez, Oosterdam Dec 2008 Mexican Riviera, Ryndam Mar 2008 Sea of Cortez, Carnival Paradise Apr 07 Baja, Carnival Spirit Feb 07 Mexican Riviera, Oosterdam Nov 05 Mexican Riviera, Zuiderdam Dec 04 Eastern Caribbean, Carnival Spirit April 03 3-day Baja, Legend of the Seas Oct 02 Mexican Riviera

Old August 6th, 2004, 02:04 AM
Cool Cruiser

Default Pinnacle Grill

You can book ahead of time by calling ships services at 1-800-541-1576
They will bill your credit card right away. Its $10.00 pp if you book for the first night and $20.00 pp for any other night.

Yes there is a table for 10 (or more) we sat right next to a very large table two weeks ago in the Grill.

The menu at the Pinnacle is completely different than the dining room. Its menu is centered around steaks, Halibut, Salmon, Lamb Chops.
I would suggest you pick a non-formal night to be your "Grill" night. You don't want to miss the lobsters or veal tenderloin on the second formal night. On the first formal night they serve Jumbo shrimp cocktails and Alaska King crab legs amongst other things like Beef Tenderloin Oscar. Do I have your juices going yet?

Have fun!

Jewel of the Seas 11/2014 back to back
Freedom of the Seas 03/2013
Liberty of the Seas 03/2011
Golden Princess 05/2010
Adventure of the Seas 08/09
Zuiderdam 03/07
Noordam 03/06
Zuiderdam 07/04 back to back
Maasdam 08/02

Old August 6th, 2004, 06:57 AM
Cool Cruiser

Which nights are formal on the Zuiderdam? (Western Route)

Old August 6th, 2004, 09:58 AM
Cool Cruiser

cruzlover56: Thanks for the info and advice. I will pass this on to my parents who intend to take us all out to the Pinnacle one night on our cruise. Since it's their treat I will let them choose the night, but it wouldn't hurt to give them as much info as I can! The food sounds wonderful on formal nights! The decisions will be tough!
Zaandam Jan 2011 Sea of Cortez, Oosterdam Dec 2008 Mexican Riviera, Ryndam Mar 2008 Sea of Cortez, Carnival Paradise Apr 07 Baja, Carnival Spirit Feb 07 Mexican Riviera, Oosterdam Nov 05 Mexican Riviera, Zuiderdam Dec 04 Eastern Caribbean, Carnival Spirit April 03 3-day Baja, Legend of the Seas Oct 02 Mexican Riviera

Old August 6th, 2004, 11:46 AM
Cool Cruiser

Yes you can. For our Sept. 4th sailing on the Zuiderdam our friend reserved a table for 10 on the Dutch night and received a confirmation. Stillfrantic Dutch night is Thursday according to HAL reservations. They informed Jean the Capt. has a right to choose what night he wants Dutch night. See you soon Stillfrantic.

Toma

Old August 8th, 2004, 02:34 PM
Cool Cruiser

Default Formal nights

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillfrantic
Which nights are formal on the Zuiderdam? (Western Route)
If it helps, on the Eastern Carib. run for the Zuiderdam the formal nights are the second night and the second-to-last night. I would think it's the same on the Western swing.

Cheers!

Old August 8th, 2004, 04:19 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by johng75370
If it helps, on the Eastern Carib. run for the Zuiderdam the formal nights are the second night and the second-to-last night. I would think it's the same on the Western swing.

Cheers!
So on Eastern-Zuiderdam, that would mean embarkation on Saturday (first night), then formal nights on Sunday night (after Half Moon Cay) and Thursday night (sea day)? Thank goodness we have late dining, especially after coming back from a beach day at HMC!
11/12 - Disney Western Caribbean,
09/11 - Disney Westbound TransAtlantic, 03/09 - Celebrity Southern Caribbean
03/06 - Celebrity Infinity Eastern Caribbean , 06/05 - NCL Sun Alaska
11/04 - HAL ms Zuiderdam Eastern Caribbean , 11/03 - HAL ms Maasdam Western Caribbean
03/2003 S/S Norway E. Caribbean Wedding Cruise ~ Married on the beach on St John, USVI!
12/01 - Celebrity Galaxy Southern Caribbean , 12/00 - NCL Sky Western Caribbean

Old August 8th, 2004, 05:03 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by MandyGirl
So on Eastern-Zuiderdam, that would mean embarkation on Saturday (first night), then formal nights on Sunday night (after Half Moon Cay) and Thursday night (sea day)? Thank goodness we have late dining, especially after coming back from a beach day at HMC!
Just my assumption, but I thought formal nights are the sea days: Monday and Thursday. But as the time in HMC is 8 to 4 it wouldn't be too difficult to get cleaned up in time for dinner!

Old August 8th, 2004, 05:19 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSCnCA
Just my assumption, but I thought formal nights are the sea days: Monday and Thursday.
I had thought I had read that elsewhere (formal nights on sea days), but just figured it might have changed recently or something. I had also read that for early dinner seating with champagne reception beforehand, those festivities begin around 4:45ish... but either way, with 8:00 dinner seating, I have plenty of time.
11/12 - Disney Western Caribbean,
09/11 - Disney Westbound TransAtlantic, 03/09 - Celebrity Southern Caribbean
03/06 - Celebrity Infinity Eastern Caribbean , 06/05 - NCL Sun Alaska
11/04 - HAL ms Zuiderdam Eastern Caribbean , 11/03 - HAL ms Maasdam Western Caribbean
03/2003 S/S Norway E. Caribbean Wedding Cruise ~ Married on the beach on St John, USVI!
12/01 - Celebrity Galaxy Southern Caribbean , 12/00 - NCL Sky Western Caribbean

Old August 9th, 2004, 02:55 AM
Cool Cruiser

Default Formal nights

On our recent back to back Eastern and Western Caribbean cruises. The formal nights were the two sea days. (Monday and Thursday) They made an exception on our Western Caribbean cruise as we had the unusual situation of being overnight in Cozumel on what would have been our first sea day. They gave most of the crew the night off and made formal night Wednesday and I think Friday.

Jewel of the Seas 11/2014 back to back
Freedom of the Seas 03/2013
Liberty of the Seas 03/2011
Golden Princess 05/2010
Adventure of the Seas 08/09
Zuiderdam 03/07
Noordam 03/06
Zuiderdam 07/04 back to back
Maasdam 08/02