2 Questions of Dawn

jodon2

1: On our last cruise to Bermuda on the Zenith they offered a Bridge tour to preregistered cruisers. Does the Dawn offer this?

2: We ordered a Romance Package to be in our cabin when we embark in NY. It's the Honeymoon/Anniversary Package Item # 504 for $79.00. Has anyone had this? If so how was it and what is the cake party?

Thanks Joe

TIME TILL WE CRUISE

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ffd700&cdt=2004;5;16;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Perth Amboy ferry

USS Chicago CG 11

USS Bainbridge DLGN, Celebrity Zenith

Jenna Nicole.

DAWN: 05-16-2004

There is no bridge tour on the Dawn.

I ordered the Anniversary package for my parents when they sailed on the Dawn last Sept. They have a "cake party" for all who have purchased the package that you are talking about. This is when they take your complimentary picture that comes with the package.

Days left to our Dawn Cruise with no Kids

Time till were sailing!!!

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff0000&cdt=2004;4;25;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Nordic Prince 7/90

NCL Dawn 10/03

NCL Dawn 4/04

For joe k...

My husband and I just returned from our Dawn cruise this past Sunday...we had a marvelous time. We, too, ordered the $79 Anniversary package. It is a good deal especially when you consider the increase in the LeBistro cover charge (up to $15 per person now). I was surprised that they didn't increase the price on the $79 Anniversary Package too!

The chocolate covered strawberries were awaiting our arrival in our cabin along with a nicely laid out bottle of wine (non-alcholic as we requested) and two stemmed glasses. There was a letter in the cabin outlining the "package" amenities. Be sure that you talk to the Maitre d' as soon as possible to get your LeBistro reservations right in. Other passengers have to wait until the morning of the day before they'd like their LeBistro dinner reservations to make them...according to our "letter" we could make our reservation, for the evening we desired dinner, at any time LeBistro was open. We did our reservation over the phone in our cabin. Our LeBistro dinner was nice, but I can't say it was superior over the dinners we had in the main "fee free" dining venues. They will ask you to "sign" the $30 charge slip...don't worry, they do realize it is part of the package you already paid for and the charge WILL NOT appear on your bill at the end of the cruise. It is appropriate to leave a cash "tip" at the table.

Our "canapes" were delivered prior to dinner on Wednesday evening. We weren't exactly sure what they consisted of...but there was one with cavier, one with smoked salmon, etc. All very fancy, but not to our tastes. More "dessert" type items would have been our choice!

Our "cake party" was scheduled for Friday afternoon at 3:30 pm in the STAR BAR across from CAGNEY'S STEAK HOUSE on Deck 13, easily accessed via the midship elevators (the ones in the Grand Atrium). There were about 12 couples present...mostly honeymooners. I think there were only 3 couples including us that were "anniversary" celebrants. A few of the couples had trouble finding the STAR BAR and missed getting their "free" picture taken there. If you care about the 6 x 8 picture, you might want to dress accordingly. A few of the couples came in their shorts, etc. A few others were dressed to the nines! Our pictures were taken in front of a cake decorated with "Honeymooners", so I think the "cake party" is more adapted to the newlywedded coupled. All in all, the champagne & cake party is a mix & mingle affair, lasting about 45 minutes. We introduced ourselves with a brief biography and our "tip" for a long marriage.

I think that covers everything and our experiences with this package...it really is well worth the money and the extra pampering it gives you on your cruise. HAVE A GREAT TIME and if you have any other questions, I'm happy to answer them...it helps keep our cruise going, even though we've returned home! icon_biggrin.gif

DEBJO

P.S. The cake at the "party" was VERY GOOD!

Boatwht.gif

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;4;25;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500   Until the NORWEGIAN DAWN 2004 (Can't Hardly Wait But Still Wishing I Was Going On The NORWAY Instead!)

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=00bfff&cdt=2004;5;23;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500  NORWEGIAN MAJESTY 2004 Bermuda Bound Again!

QE2-Bermuda 2003

PACIFIC PRINCESS-Bermuda 2002

REGAL EMPRESS-New England/Canada 2001

Archived