Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Ports of Call > Bahamas
 
Register here!
Forgot Your Password?


Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old October 23rd, 2012, 02:07 PM
Bibble's Avatar
Bibble Bibble is offline
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: SouthEast Florida
Posts: 1,090
Default #10 Jitney Question

I know where to pick up the #10 Jitney to get out to the Fish Fry, but last time I was there, we were uncertain about where to get it to come back (a taxi passed up, and since we were a big group, just charged us $2 each to bring us back to Senor Frog's, so we took it).

Does anyone know if we need to be out on Bay Street, or would the jitney come right down the little street where the fish fry is?

Thanks to anyone who knows for sure!
__________________
9/2014....Carnival Victory
5/2014.....MSC Divina
---------------------------------------
11/2013..Carnival Glory
9/2013....Carnival Paradise - #10!!! I made it!
1/2013.....Carnival Imagination
11/2012...Carnival Breeze

10/2012...Norwegian Pearl
9/2012.....Carnival Destiny
11/2011..Carnival Inspiration
6/2011....Carnival Destiny
6/2011....Bahamas Celebration
5/2011....Carnival Imagination
11/2010..Carnival Imagination
5/2010....Bahamas Celebration
9/2010....Carnival Liberty
11/2009..Carnival Imagination
6/2009.....Norwegian Sky
8/2008.....Enchantment of the Seas
5/2008.....Majesty of the Seas
9/2001.....Discovery Sun
8/1999.....Discovery Sun
9/1992.....Nordic Prince
Reply With Quote

Ad Sponsored By
  #2  
Old October 23rd, 2012, 06:26 PM
hannibal54's Avatar
hannibal54 hannibal54 is online now
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Ottawa, Illinois
Posts: 2,859
Default

The pick up area for the return will be close to the drop off area, just across the street.
__________________


Up coming cruises

04-2014 Majesty Of The Seas Bahamas
04-2014 Majesty Of The Seas Bahamas
04-2014 Majesty Of The Seas Bahamas
05-2014 NCL Sky Bahamas
10-2014 Explorer Of The Seas Bermuda
04-2015 Majesty Of The Seas Bahamas
04-2015 Majesty Of The Seas Bahamas







Reply With Quote

  #3  
Old October 24th, 2012, 05:08 PM
Bibble's Avatar
Bibble Bibble is offline
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: SouthEast Florida
Posts: 1,090
Default

Thanks so much!
Nothing is worse than being in one spot and watching your bus leave from another...
__________________
9/2014....Carnival Victory
5/2014.....MSC Divina
---------------------------------------
11/2013..Carnival Glory
9/2013....Carnival Paradise - #10!!! I made it!
1/2013.....Carnival Imagination
11/2012...Carnival Breeze

10/2012...Norwegian Pearl
9/2012.....Carnival Destiny
11/2011..Carnival Inspiration
6/2011....Carnival Destiny
6/2011....Bahamas Celebration
5/2011....Carnival Imagination
11/2010..Carnival Imagination
5/2010....Bahamas Celebration
9/2010....Carnival Liberty
11/2009..Carnival Imagination
6/2009.....Norwegian Sky
8/2008.....Enchantment of the Seas
5/2008.....Majesty of the Seas
9/2001.....Discovery Sun
8/1999.....Discovery Sun
9/1992.....Nordic Prince
Reply With Quote

  #4  
Old October 24th, 2012, 06:56 PM
wrcjr98 wrcjr98 is offline
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Florida
Posts: 616
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bibble View Post
I know where to pick up the #10 Jitney to get out to the Fish Fry, but last time I was there, we were uncertain about where to get it to come back (a taxi passed up, and since we were a big group, just charged us $2 each to bring us back to Senor Frog's, so we took it).

Does anyone know if we need to be out on Bay Street, or would the jitney come right down the little street where the fish fry is?

Thanks to anyone who knows for sure!
Hi -
Where do you catch the Jitney to go to the Fish Fry? I have read alot about it, and think that we may try it out when we are there in December? Wondered where to catch the bus, and if you had any suggestions which place to eat at? Thank you!
Reply With Quote

  #5  
Old October 25th, 2012, 10:06 AM
Bibble's Avatar
Bibble Bibble is offline
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: SouthEast Florida
Posts: 1,090
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrcjr98 View Post
Hi -
Where do you catch the Jitney to go to the Fish Fry? I have read alot about it, and think that we may try it out when we are there in December? Wondered where to catch the bus, and if you had any suggestions which place to eat at? Thank you!
On Bay Street at George Street (it seems counter-tuitive because Bay Sttreet is one-way the other way at that point, but it circles around).

At the Fish Fry, two weeks ago we ate at Candy's. Not so much to look at really, but the food was great!! and according to one person we were with, it was one of the lesser expensive restaurants there.
__________________
9/2014....Carnival Victory
5/2014.....MSC Divina
---------------------------------------
11/2013..Carnival Glory
9/2013....Carnival Paradise - #10!!! I made it!
1/2013.....Carnival Imagination
11/2012...Carnival Breeze

10/2012...Norwegian Pearl
9/2012.....Carnival Destiny
11/2011..Carnival Inspiration
6/2011....Carnival Destiny
6/2011....Bahamas Celebration
5/2011....Carnival Imagination
11/2010..Carnival Imagination
5/2010....Bahamas Celebration
9/2010....Carnival Liberty
11/2009..Carnival Imagination
6/2009.....Norwegian Sky
8/2008.....Enchantment of the Seas
5/2008.....Majesty of the Seas
9/2001.....Discovery Sun
8/1999.....Discovery Sun
9/1992.....Nordic Prince
Reply With Quote

  #6  
Old October 25th, 2012, 03:08 PM
wrcjr98 wrcjr98 is offline
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Florida
Posts: 616
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bibble View Post
On Bay Street at George Street (it seems counter-tuitive because Bay Sttreet is one-way the other way at that point, but it circles around).

At the Fish Fry, two weeks ago we ate at Candy's. Not so much to look at really, but the food was great!! and according to one person we were with, it was one of the lesser expensive restaurants there.
Thank you for the info - I had seen "Goldies" on the Travel Channel - but haven't heard anything about any of the others - I'm all about saving some money!!
Reply With Quote

Reply

Bookmarks


Ad Sponsored By
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:37 PM.


© 1995 - 2014, The Independent Traveler, Inc. All rights reserved.
"A Community of People Who Love To Cruise"
All of the information contained within Cruise Critic is protected by copyright. You may, however, download a single copy only for your personal use.