Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Cruise Lines "A - O" > Norwegian Cruise Line > Q&A with Francis Riley, VP & General Manager International ~ Norwegian Cruise Line

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Q&A with Francis Riley, VP & General Manager International ~ Norwegian Cruise Line

Francis Riley
Vice President & General Manager International

Special Event: Francis Riley will be here on January 25th to answer your questions about Norwegian Cruise Line's European and International itineraries as well as the outlook for 2013/14.

Rules for Posting
- Thanks for all the great questions -- the forum has been closed to new questions at this time.
- Discussion is allowed after Mr. Riley has replied to individual questions.
- Similar questions will be merged.
- Cruise Critic reserves the right to remove any content which, in our sole discretion, we deem inappropriate for this forum.

Our Community Guidelines are in effect, please be respectful of our special guest and your fellow community members.

Old January 11th, 2013, 05:45 AM
Cool Cruiser

Default Why are US passengers treated differently pre cruise?

First of all I´d like to complement NCL on their modern product, nice ships, great decor (Epic) and decent food.
Staff seem to be happy and it shows. The Haven is truly a haven, although free Cocktail hour in a lounge ( or free mninibar) should really be added to the product.
New routes should be added but I hope that is coming in the future as well.

What I really don´t understand though is , and by the way it is the same problem with RCL, why don´t you treat EU passengers the way you treat US passengers, when it comes to e.g paid upgrade offers ?

You fill up open suites appr 4 weeks prior with Americans booked through NCL.com, but if a European passenger booked through e.g. Ncl.de tries to do the same, it is not being offered.
Also, why does it take another 4 months before the 2014/15 routes are available for EU passengers? The 2014 fall transatlantic on Epic is available in the US, but not in Germany untill around April. That does let us feel like we are 2nd class customers in a way.

Ad Sponsored By
Old January 25th, 2013, 12:03 PM
Vice President & General Manager International ~ Norwegian Cruise Line

Hi Mike

Thank you so much for your comments. It is great to see our products are so well received.

We are always looking for new itinerary options to better serve our guests’ needs.

Offers depend on tastes and trends of specific markets and in regards to rolling out products there are a number of factors that affect this but please rest assured that it is not intended to offend!

Old January 27th, 2013, 01:08 PM
Cool Cruiser

Default Question totally avoided !

Like many non American cruisers I was really waiting with interest to see Mr Riley's answer to the questions about why European cruisers are treated so differently & badly as far as paid upgrades are concerned & he neatly side stepped the whole Question !

Old January 27th, 2013, 01:52 PM
5,000+ Club

[QUOTE=jorich;36860876]Like many non American cruisers I was really waiting with interest to see Mr Riley's answer to the questions about why European cruisers are treated so differently & badly as far as paid upgrades are concerned & he neatly side stepped the whole Question ![/QUOTE]

Yep, I noticed that as well. Also he selective didn't answer my question on how NCL UK have as of Jan removed the 5% online discount and forced all travel agents to charge the same amount as NCL do online!!!

Norwegian Spirit - Mar '14 9nt Canary/Morocco
Norwegian Getaway - Jan '14 sampler
Norwegian Epic - October '13 13nt westbound transatlantic
Norwegian Epic - Sep '13 7nt west med
Norwegian Breakaway - May 13 7nt Inaugural Transatlantic
Norwegian Epic - October '12 13nt Westbound Transatlantic
Norwegian Epic - Apr/May '12 7nt West Med
Norwegian Epic - May/Jun '11 7nt West Med
Independence of the Seas - Dec '10 11nt Canaries
Ocean Village 1 - Aug '10 7nt West Med
Ocean Village 2 - Apr '09 7nt Maiden East Med Pyramids
Ocean Village 1 - Jan '08 14nt Central Americas; April '07 17nt Trans Atlantic Barbados-Crete; May '06 14nt West Med; May '05 14nt West Med