Question about Carnival Paradise!

Tmg23

Hello,

My family and I are looking at going on the Paradise on August 18. It would be my mom who is 57, my brother who is 22 and myself. I am 23. We were wondering if anyone would recommend this ship or another ship that is better.This will be our first cruise so we want to make the best of it. We know that it is an older and smaller ship but that's about it. Anything is welcomed! Thank you so much!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hello,

My family and I are looking at going on the Paradise on August 18. It would be my mom who is 57, my brother who is 22 and myself. I am 23. We were wondering if anyone would recommend this ship or another ship that is better.This will be our first cruise so we want to make the best of it. We know that it is an older and smaller ship but that's about it. Anything is welcomed! Thank you so much!

I think this ship is a wonderful ship! I sailed on her in 2011 and will again in Oct. Yes, she is older and smaller then your typical new cruise ships. I was debating between the Breeze (New and HUGE) and this cruise. I decided on this one. I had a wonderful time one her, the staff was great. Anything I read about her is so positive that I am happy I will be on her Oct 18th!!!!

Thank you so much! That is very informative! How is the dining room food? I've read reviews and a lot of them say that it is not good.

Thank you so much! That is very informative! How is the dining room food? I've read reviews and a lot of them say that it is not good.

In 2011 I thought the food was great. It was the same menu as on my last cuise on the Elation last year. It is still the menu (for now) On this cruise I discoverd chilled soups.... yummy :D Some poeple say its not good. I went to school to be a chef and I am picky with my food. It was good. Not 5 star but it was good.

I am hoping they do not change to the new American Table menu. I know it is on 4 ships right now being tested. Not a fan. You can look at the food and menus on this site if you would like-

http://www.zydecocruiser.net/menus/CarnivalCruiseLineMenus.htm

Food, ship size, vibe, itinerary, etc. are all a matter of personal taste. Some folks will pay the difference in price between mass market (e.g., Carnival) and premium/luxury (e.g., Oceania) just for the food alone.

You really should talk with a TA (one who is really a cruise expert - check sources like Conde Nast Traveler for starters). S/he can help narrow your choices and save you money in the process. Good luck.