Irritating Passengers...

Just had a thoroughly enjoyable week on Celebration. The ship was immaculate, the entertainment first class, the crew brilliant and attentive (how do they manage to keep smiling?!), dawn to dusk sunshine and very warm, and the organisation was invariably precise.

But here's a few minor irritations about a minority of fellow passengers, who...

Overload plates and waste half of their food. Then get the next course and do the same.

Tryto jump the queue in the Lido Restaurant.

Get a drink from the bar and leave most of it.

Have the TV on too loud in their cabin.

Reserve sunbeds with their towel, then disappear for yonks. When they eventually turn-up they find their sunbed has been taken by someone else, and then have the nerve to say “We’ve only been to the toilet!!”

Sunbed users who chase the sun and block everyone else in, then “tut” and roll their eyes when people need to get past them.

Smoke in non-smoking areas.

Moan that the toilets are always closed for cleaning!

‘Reserve’ empty seats in the Theatre for people who don’t turn-up.

Not bother to use hand sanitisers.

Queue for food in swimming costumes.

Shout the answers out during quizzes.

Not bother to turn-up for the emergency drill.

People casually walking through the Theatre during a show.

Talking, when they should be listening.

The daily Cruise News is brilliant, and we all get it delivered to our cabins. So why do some people moan and appear clueless about what there is to do?

Appears that I'm not the only Victor Meldrew on this forum !!!

:D

I don't Believe It !!!

Can't argue with some of these grouses though.

The one that really hacks me off is folks who talk/joke/laugh through a performance in the Show Lounge. The height of bad manners, and quite insulting to the artist(s) on stage.

The Entertainments Director had to make a public announcement on Spirit during the "Idyllic Iberia" cruise asking the offenders to either desist or go elsewhere.

There was no case for the defence, they were guilty as charged, and there had obviously been a series of complaints, quite rightly so.

People don't read cruise news, or anything else of importance either :rolleyes:

On Celebration, a elderly female passenger.

"On Fred Olsen you can get afternoon tea served, not queue n the buffet like on here"

the crewmember

"afternoon tea is served in the explorers lounge, forward on the port side. It is mentioned in Cruise News"

Another non reader

"why can't i have porridge?, you can on P&O"

the crewmember, pointing

"the porridge is in the urn marked 'porridge' madam"

People don't read cruise news, or anything else of importance either :rolleyes:

On Celebration, a elderly female passenger.

"On Fred Olsen you can get afternoon tea served, not queue n the buffet like on here"

the crewmember

"afternoon tea is served in the explorers lounge, forward on the port side. It is mentioned in Cruise News"

Another non reader

"why can't i have porridge?, you can on P&O"

the crewmember, pointing

"the porridge is in the urn marked 'porridge' madam"

Some people ! You couldn't make it up :D:D:D

I think my pet hate is the dirty people who dodge the hand sanitisers .

They are putting two fingers up to the rest of us for something that takes seconds and could avoid a virus spreading onboard .:(:mad:

Some people ! You couldn't make it up :D:D:D

I think my pet hate is the dirty people who dodge the hand sanitisers .

They are putting two fingers up to the rest of us for something that takes seconds and could avoid a virus spreading onboard .:(:mad:

Yes this is so true and when there is an illness outbrake they will be the first to shout they need attention!!

If you read holiday review sites you begin to wonder about some of the people who respond - did we stay in the same hotel ?

We've stayed in good quality 4 star tourist hotels which could not be faulted on any aspects - only to see wholly negative comments about the food and how they had to eat elsewhere.

What are these punters used to at home - 5 star Cordon Bleu a la carte ? :confused:

One of the "best" was a lady who griped about the outdoor swimming pool being cold - this was in January !!!

Ha, ha, that made me laugh. I am the original Victoria Meldrew.

My pet hates are ladies who leave the toilets without washing their hands, there are a lot of them. I can't say anything about the gents obviously.

Elderly people with sticks and zimmers who hold you up on the way into the restaurant but then speed up like Olympic sprinters when they sense you trying to get past. Just in case you get in first and eat all the food, lol.:D:D

Jan

We've stayed in good quality 4 star tourist hotels which could not be faulted on any aspects - only to see wholly negative comments about the food and how they had to eat elsewhere.

What are these punters used to at home - 5 star Cordon Bleu a la carte ? :confused:

Hi all you lovely Thomson people! Hope you don't mind somebody from the Cunard board butting in on your cogitations. Just wanted to say (as one Wee Coonty Man to another) that I have actually seen a post on the Cunard board where some punter stated that he "could get better food in Tesco's cafeteria". Needless to say I asked him to let me know straightaway which branch of Tesco he frequented, but I never did get an answer :D:D

J

Hi all you lovely Thomson people! Hope you don't mind somebody from the Cunard board butting in on your cogitations. Just wanted to say (as one Wee Coonty Man to another) that I have actually seen a post on the Cunard board where some punter stated that he "could get better food in Tesco's cafeteria". Needless to say I asked him to let me know straightaway which branch of Tesco he frequented, but I never did get an answer :D:D

J

The ones who don't like foreign food on holiday and can't wait to get back home for their kebabs and chinese takeaways etc ? :rolleyes:

The ones who don't like foreign food on holiday and can't wait to get back home for their kebabs and chinese takeaways etc ? :rolleyes:

Oh yes - I know that type very very well.

Incidentally, I know I've asked you this before but my memory isn't what it used to be - what part of Clackmannanshire are you from? I'm a Dollar man by birth but I haven't been there in around 15 years.

J

Oh yes - I know that type very very well.

Incidentally, I know I've asked you this before but my memory isn't what it used to be - what part of Clackmannanshire are you from? I'm a Dollar man by birth but I haven't been there in around 15 years.

J

The County Town itself.

Have relatives and friends in Dollar.

Some people who do not have to pay for food do pile their plate high, then leave half, I have commented that. I bet at home they have meagre helpings because they are providing it!

On the subject of hand sanitisers, we were on the Spirit last year, and one passenger used the fact that he was allergic to the handwash, so didn't use it! Some people are dirty ----, especially after using the loo. Good example to children!

On the other hand, I hate waiters who look down their noses at you and try and put you in your place as one did to me on the Island Escape. They had removed my cutlery when I went to the buffet and were nowhere to be seen when I came back so I went looking for a knife and fork only to be told in no uncertain terms to get back to my seat and wait for the waiter to bring it. Aargh! he didn't know how close he got .....:eek:

Jan

Archived