Sanctuary House?

ssolen

Has anyone stayed at Sanctuary House in London? It's near St. James Park. I will be in London in July, and liked the price.

My husband and I will be staying there after our British Isle cruise from June 23-26. I loved all the positive comments. I think the location is perfect. You can walk to Westminster Abbey, St. James Park, Buckingham Palace, Churchill War Rooms, and House of Parliament. The bus stop and tube are also very close. Then the pub is located below the hotel. I have read some great reviews of Fuller's Pub. I think it will be perfect!

My husband and I stayed at The Sanctuary a few years ago. The location is outstanding. It is close to major sites and within walking distance to Victoria Station and St James. The staff was friendly and helpful. The rooms were clean and the bathroom modern. Our room was small, but this never surprises me. My experience is that most UK and European rooms are small. It was quiet, with no street noise that I recall. We did not eat at the pub here, so I can't help there. We have tried to stay here on return visits, but have needed multiple rooms and have not been able to make it happen.

I can also recommend The Liberty Bounds Pub directly across from The Tower of London. The food is very good, portions unbelievably generous and you have a million dollar view of The Tower from your table. I suggest the Beef and Abbott Ale Pie or one of the curry dishes. Bring your appetite or share with someone.

Our family of 4 adults stayed in 2 rooms for three nights in the summer of 2011. We thought the location was ideal for our sightseeing. We did eat one breakfast and nod pub style dinner at their pub. I would recommend the hotel. The staff were pleasant and we were comfortable in our rooms.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

My husband and other family stayed their last year and loved the Sanctuary House. It was so convenient to everything. One of the Big Red Buses makes a stop about a block down so you can buy a ticket, hop on, and begin sightseeing. Westminster Abbey is in the other direction and very close. I felt very safe in this neighborhood. Very clean and quiet. We ate at Fulton's Pub for breakfast and sometimes for dinner. Just a warning, the pub is very crowded on Friday nights. This was the only night we found it too crowded. The rooms are clean and quiet. The rooms are not as large as hotel rooms but after being in a ship stateroom, why would I complain? We are also staying there this May.