Aft balconies?

I could be wrong about some of the smaller and some of the newer ships, but I believe most RC ships have aft balconies. Check cruise deck plans dot com and it will show you cabin categories and room numbers for specific ships.

You'll find the nicest aft balconies on the Radiance class of ships: Radiance, Brilliance, Serenade and Jewel. :)

I agree with this. We've had aft cabins on both Radiance and Jewel and also Enchantment and Granduer. The others were very good but the Radiance class is our favorite. Can't speak for the larger ships as we don't care for them.

Thank you so much for the replies! I LOVE the sliding door! We had aft balconies only on Carnival cruise ships and now my husband wants nothing else! We are ready to try different lines and I got totally confused on the RCI website.

Thanks again!

Voyager class also

We had 9692 on Mariner - and just booked the same room for next year. It's identical to the freedom pics posted. I wouldn't want one of the lower deck aft cabins on the Voyager class ships - it's too far from the back of the ship - and it overlooks the crew recreation area (which is lit up at night). Deck 9 or 10 is great.

We had 9690 on Mariner and loved it. Alot of people will disagree with me though. Our corner aft balcony did not have a sliding door. We had a regualr door with a porthole. Just thought I would let you know that not all balconies have the sliding glass doors.

Enjoy your cruise!

Cindy

Yeah, the corner afts have huge balconies! We just got back last Saturday from one on the Jewel.

1600 actually has a smaller balcony than either of the JS on the stern.

OP, Vision class ships also have very nice, deep aft balconies. One respect in which I believe some of them are superior is that the corner balconies on Vision and Rhapsody wrap all the way around, so you can put your loungers there and see nobody at all, not even your neighbor. Those wrap-arounds aren't on all of the Vision class, though - I know that Splendour doesn't have them, so you'd need to look at the deck plans and find some pictures to be sure.

But the interior of the cabins on Radiance class are nicer, and I think that the Radiance class ships have more to offer in terms of places to go and things to do as well.

The back half of the ship is technically the "aft" section. That said, most people that talk about "aft" cabins are talking about the cabins that are on the very back of the ship looking straight backwards overlooking the wake.

And I guess more technically, the coveted aft staterooms are located on the ship's stern- opposite of the bow. Also referred to as the fantail. I have suggested that we call these staterooms 'Wakeview", lol. slh182, you could have an aft cabin, but it may or may not be on the stern. :)

What was the aft cabin like on the Enchantment? We are booked in a JS aft, and have never been that far back on a ship.

I agree with this. We've had aft cabins on both Radiance and Jewel and also Enchantment and Granduer. The others were very good but the Radiance class is our favorite. Can't speak for the larger ships as we don't care for them.

What was the aft cabin like on the Enchantment? We are booked in a JS aft, and have never been that far back on a ship.

We've had an aft room on Enchantment and loved it!! We will be in corner aft 7166 on Enchantment next month. Can't wait.

It is a long walk back there but worth it. It's quiet-not many people walking past your door back there! And you can eat more and not feel guilty-you're going to walk off all those calories.

We love aft balconies and always try to book them with the exception of the radiance class. The Serenade is one of our favorite ships, however she does the southern run and there is always too much sun with no cover. It gets extremely hot. We have loved our aft balconies on the Freedom and Voyager class ships. There is plenty of room on the radiance class balconies, it is just the exposure that I cannot take.

Jebuell: perfect picture for Voyager and Freedom class afts. Shows a lot. We loved 7388 and didn't notice any problem with the grey deck 6 area up there.

View My Video

Go to T Bone's review of Mariner for more great photos.

Deck 10 afts have no obstruction but have a deep overhang so getting the sun can be problematic, but it's great during rain. When all is said about the obstruction, it doesn't take long to forget it's there at all. About 2 minutes!:D

Archived