Help needed w/ shore excursions (Gumbalimba)!!!

mav79

I am sailing on NCL sun on Feb 9th and is very much confused about Roatan excursion.

I am interested in doing Gumbalimba park and learned that it is to be booked through cruise ship ONLY. On that day only NCL Sun is docking in Roatan. So dont believe it will be that much rush.

NCL Sun is offering -

Gumbalimba Park & Pirate Cave / 2 hours / $45 pp

Park & Canopy Tour (Is it Zip lining???) / 2 hours / $45 pp

Mayan Reef Clear Kayak & Snorkel at Park / 4 hours / $63 pp

Jolly Roger catamaran & Park / 5.5 hours / $79 pp

1) Now my question is if i do book a tour just to get inside Park. Say i book Park & Canopy tour for $45 pp and then when i am there can i just walk up to do clear kayak or snorkel??

2) Is jolly rogers worth taking??

3) What are the approx prices i would be paying if i do that??

4) and usually until what time will the shuttles keep running?? My ship is docked until 5pm.

IS there any other thing i should think of??

For us Roatan we were thinking mainly of Kayaking and Zip lining

Thanks for all the help!!!!!!!

progress.gif

Just returned from Roatan and booked a private tour for me and hubby. I booked it on line a few months ago. we were the first off the ship at 7.20am. None of the stalls at the port were open yet. Just outside the port gate our guide Cynthia was waiting with a card with our name on. She gave us a wonderful tour. We went to the iguana Farm, to a beautiful beach and to the Gumbalimba park to see the monkeys, parrots and lovely botanical gardens, She took us round about half the island where we could admire the beautiful scenery and some of the luxury homes that have been built recently. Cynthia and Diana run a small tour company called Diana and Cinthia tours e-mail jacksong2005@yahoo.com. Web site www.roatancabtours.com. it cost us for 4 and a half hours 30$ each and if there were 4 of us it would have been 20$ each. We enjoyed our private tour and felt we had learned alot about the island and seen alot too. We only got home yesterday and were in Roatan on Sunday.

progress.gif

Archived