Best month to see Hubbard Glacier

hollon

I've been to Alaska at the end of May (a while back) and it's still snowy, etc., BUT we missed Hubbard Glacier, can you give me your replies to the months yall saw h.g? I know weather plays an important part. I can't go in Aug or Sept. so, what about june or july?

We got to Hubbard on July 18th. The water was mostly free of ice so there was no problem getting close to the glacier wall. There were some icebergs in the water to see though. The crew went out and "rescued" a moderate sized one to carve on the pool deck.... While we were there, we saw some 10-15 icebergs 'calved' off the glacier wall.

The day we went, it was mostly clear and I got a great video of the glacier as the ship spun around. I just sat the camera on the railing and did not move it as the ship went around.

I contend its Sept. Last cruise of the season....we are doing it again next year. No rain, just some fog in route, each port sunny and warm and lots of critter sightings. Of course Alaska weather is always unpredictable, but I'll let you know in 12 months!;)

Bay ice is all but gone so ship got amazing close to glacier:

2ccs2nd.jpg

We've been there in early to mid-June and had no problems getting quite close but as others have said, weather conditions in Alaska can vary quite a bit. Later dates might inprove your chances but there are no guarantees

We got to Hubbard on July 18th. The water was mostly free of ice so there was no problem getting close to the glacier wall. There were some icebergs in the water to see though. The crew went out and "rescued" a moderate sized one to carve on the pool deck.... While we were there, we saw some 10-15 icebergs 'calved' off the glacier wall.

The day we went, it was mostly clear and I got a great video of the glacier as the ship spun around. I just sat the camera on the railing and did not move it as the ship went around.

We were on this same cruise! It was a great day to see the glacier.

I contend its Sept. Last cruise of the season....we are doing it again next year. No rain, just some fog in route, each port sunny and warm and lots of critter sightings. Of course Alaska weather is always unpredictable, but I'll let you know in 12 months!;)

Bay ice is all but gone so ship got amazing close to glacier:

2ccs2nd.jpg

HOLY HDR +Hue +Vibrance + Saturation boost! :D

There is NO WAY, to predict IF you would get "close" to Hubbard, but overall, it is very likely you would be able to sail Yakutat Bay and see Hubbard glacier- just at various distances, depending on TIME- which is the feature that dictates the most.

Being you can't sail August and Sept. Either June or July are your choices.

I've been to Alaska at the end of May (a while back) and it's still snowy, etc., BUT we missed Hubbard Glacier, can you give me your replies to the months yall saw h.g? I know weather plays an important part. I can't go in Aug or Sept. so, what about june or july?

Saw Hubbard in June 2014. We were on Oceania Regatta and, as a small ship (<700. passengers), we got "up close and personal."