Experienced Carnival Cruisers... who are your favorite Cruise Directors?

Weeziblu

The search feature isn't finding this particular question and I"m curious about YOUR favorites or Carnival's most popular Cruise Directors.

What did you love about your favorite Cruise Director?

Which Cruise Directors did you not care for.. and why?

I don't really care who the Cruise Director is but here are my choices.

Favorites:

John Heald (Hilarious. Out and about and got to know the guests. I also follow his blog and FB page.)

Steve Cassel (Very nice guy and easy to talk to)

Cory Rogers (Very out and about. I got to talk to him a lot about his job)

Least Favorites:

Butch Begovich (he wasn't bad but just not as great as the others listed above)

Jeff Bronson (He was irritating. He made announcements way too often)

Edited by cruiser fanatic

Favorite...

Butch - he was everywhere and always having as much fun as you! But he is no longer a CD

Jorge- He was funnier than the comedians. but no longer a CD

Jaime- She is everywhere and have MORE fun than you! She is a firecracker of fun!!

Dislike

- Jen Baxter - she is nails on a chalk board to me

Others to note

Steve Cassel was a bump on a log. And seems like his cruises are all about Country music :(

Stew- he was no where ever! I did not even see him at shows. I did see him in the stairwell once. I said hello - he had no interest. he was leaving the Gym but still could of said hello.

Jeff Bronson - his tag line drove me nuts after while. Even being a cruise newbie when we sailed with him.

Our top favorites have been Skip Lyons and Butch Begovitch (though he is now a beard and not a CD). Both were very present and hilarious. High energy. Not too many announcements

Middle of the pack: Jase Apps, Karl with a K (no longer a CD) - both of these made way too many announcements for my liking. But their energy and presence were really good!

Least favorite: Steve Knisley (just boring, not around, low energy - he's still a CD)

I don't remember who our CD was on the Legend (I'd have to ask my mom to pull out our capers), but he was good. And seems like we checked, and he's been gone for a while.

i'd say my favorite was kirk benning. he was present, had a quick wit about him and humor outside of the normal canned cd type jokes.

jorge solano (now retired) was ok and funny at times - didn't seem to think he was as funny as others make him out to be though. for jen baxter - i fail to see why so many have a problem with her, i thought she was just fine - also very present and has a very interesting wardrobe - she's hard to miss!

i did not care for eli sharplin. he was a stand-in on our splendor cruise and you could tell. i never did see him anywhere outside of the shows, etc. - pretty boring, didn't appreciate his humor, and he didn't do a very good job in terms of scheduling activities, etc.

Matt Mitchum and Eversen.

I have sailed with Matt when Everson was his assistant. Matt moved on and Everson moved up to CD of the Glory.

Both were fabulous. Both paid attention to my 7 year old grand daughter and she felt special-- that made the cruise for us.

Kirk Benning for the same reason- He pulled my then 5 year old grand daughter on stage-- gave her a coin. told her it was magic.. and had the audience in stitches.

She still talks about Matt and Kirk to this day.

Jamie was Kirks assistant at the time.

We did also sail with Big Sexy- josh Weitman he was good. Kept us busy

Sailed with John Heald too. But he embarrassed me on valentines night when he was asking what was wrong with me that I am not married.

Told my honey now is the time to propose before its too late..

We had Karl with a K when he was an assistant knew he would go far. Wonder what happened to him

I did not like Filleppe Cupoto. His Girl friend was onboard and it was the most boring week we ever had sailed. and we even sailed Princess==lol

We now try to avoid cruises that have a substitute cruise director

An assitant to watch is Christopher Salazer-- hilarious

Favorites are Butch Begovich, Cory Rogers, Josh "Big Sexy" Waitzman, and Steve Cassel. All very much, "out and about", and taking care of business, but not too busy to talk to the guests.

Least favorite is without a doubt, Malcolm Bern. He is way too busy chasing women, and NOT taking care of business, to do his job. He actually told me that he was "Far Too Busy" when I ask him why they didn't have a "Showcase of Stars" aboard the ship, on a five day cruise. :confused: Yep,,,way too busy to do his job?????? :mad:

"SKY"

I cant say that I have a favorite, but I really liked and laughed a lot when John Heald was CD on a cruise, many moons ago. Also Wee Jimmy, I think he was asst CD on that same cruise, but not sure. Just thought he was hilarious. I liked Butch Begonavich sp? sorry, and Ryan Fitzgerald. Both Butch and Ryan are no longer CD's I believe.

I have to say though, that I did also like Jen Baxter on the Freedom last November. I know that there are very many who dont like her, but just dont understand that. To each their own. I thought she was fine.

One cruise (actually two)I cant even remember who the CD was, so guess he or she did not impress me, but shall remain nameless because I just dont remember LOL.:)

Edited by SMSACE6

thanks for your responses, everyone.

The reason that I ask is because our very first cruise was on the Pride and our CD was Kirk Benning and we really liked him a lot. We had so much fun on that cruise (and so did our kids). Our next cruise was with NCL and we can't even remember who the CD was, but a few days in, we found ourselves making comparisons.

My favorite by far was Brent Mitchell. I also liked Wee Jimmy and Jen Baxter a lot. I don't think it's fair to say the name of the one I didn't particularly care for as someone else listed him as their favorite. It's all so subjective. :) A good CD makes a big difference to me and we have had a lot of good ones.

Hmmmm...since the only ones I remember are Butch, Jamie and John Heald, guess those are the ones we liked!! Actually Butch and Jamies' energy levels are nuts...and John...well...what he lacked in energy he made up for in humor. I think we had Kirk one time also....but don't remember much about.

Edited by bar1068