Oasis of the Seas Godmothers: Best (and Worst) Choice?

Who's your favorite of my seven godmothers?  

859 members have voted

1. 1. Who's your favorite of my seven godmothers?

• Daisy Fuentes, television personality
    • Shawn Johnson, gymnast
    • Dara Torres, swimmer
    • Keisha Knight Pulliam, actress
    • Jane Seymour, actress
    • Michelle Kwan, figure skater
    • Gloria Estefan, musician
    • I don't like any of the choices, Oasis!

So my seven godmothers have been announced, and I'd like to know, who's your favorite of the picks? Is it Daisy Fuentes, international television personality and producer; gymnast Shawn Johnson; actress Keisha Knight Pulliam; swimmer Dara Torres; actress Jane Seymour; figure skater Michelle Kwan; or Gloria Estefan?

And just for fun ... since I am the the largest and most amusing cruise ship ever built ... which pick are you most disappointed with?

Dara Torres is my favorite. Being over 40 and winning 3 silver medals in the 2008 Olympics was inspirational, plus her having competed in the Olympics five times since 1984. Just amazing.

I don't understand the selection of Keisha Knight Pulliam.

Is it Daisy Fuentes, international television personality and producer

I really do believe the description of Daisy Fuentes is a bit of a stretch.

The only thing I ever see her on is a Bahama Celebration cruise commercial & infomercials. Woohoo!!!!!! :confused:

This is the one I am most dissapointed with........

Gloria Estefan -- a ship home-ported in south Florida could hardly do

without a Miami Cuban, and she's a good fit for the "Entertainment" zone.

RCI, a year or so ago, commissioned some DWTS pros to do a dance

contest for their ships, which didn't do well and has since been pulled -- but the list has two DWTS contestants, Seymour and Johnson, and could have had Yamaguchi (instead of Kwan) and Coughlin (instead of Torres).

Gloria Estefan was the Godmother of the Empress of the Seas. Guess since the Empress is now sailed under Pullmantur's flag she has been re-Godmothered with the Oasis. DW and I have interesting stories about the cruise we shared with Gloria and her kids on the Freedom of the Seas back in 2006. She was a blast at Boleros!:D

---------------------

Sea ya!

Ron and Lee

Canton, Ga

Proud RCCL Platinum Member

"In wine there is wisdom, in beer there is freedom,

in water there is bacteria." – Ben Franklin

We are proud Oasis Camel Cruiser – April 17, 2010

The Oasis Camels Website

Previous Cruises – 59 Days at Sea!

Carnival Mardis Gras - 3 Day Bahamas - April 1982

Carnival Destiny - 7 Days Western Carib. - April 1998

Princess Grand Princess - 7 Days Eastern Carib. - April 1999

Princess Sea Princess - 7 Days Western Carib. - March 2000

Princess Grand Princess - 7 Days Western Carib. - March 2002

RCCL Navigator of the Seas - 7 Days Western Carib. - March 2003

RCCL Mariner of the Seas - 7 Days Western Carib. - April 2005

RCCL Freedom of the Seas - 7 Days Western Carib. - 6/18 - 6/25/2006

RCCL Liberty of the Seas - 7 Days Eastern Carib. - 7/19 - 7/26/08

Planned Cruises

RCCL Oasis of the Seas – Our Friends Cruise - April 17, 2010

RCCL Allure of the Seas – Our Neighborhood Cruise - 2011

The BIG One - Southeast Asia 14 day – 2012?

Princess Cruises - The Med – 14 day – 2013?

I voted for Dara Torres because I think she is the most accomplished (though the other athletes were good choices and reflect the activities of the ship).

I was a little disappointed with all of the performers. Gloria Estefan has already been a godmother (though since her ship is retired I guess its nice to give her a new one) and all the others seem a little like "has-beens."

I do appreciate the fact that there are a wide mix of races and ages represented though- I'm glad RCI managed to celebrate all types of women.

I vote for Keisha hands down! She is intelligent, beautiful, talented and deserves an honor such as this one!

Forgive me for being naiive, but what did she do to deserve being a GODMOTHER of a ship this magnificent? I just don't get it.

I favor the little people over celebs. I mean who out of all those ladies is ever going to cruise Oasis? That's one of the perks for the Godmothers. So I think they should be real people who cruise who have accomplishments or something that make them outstanding women.:cool:

I really do not understand the choice of celebs for godmothers.

If the cruiselines want to honor someone by naming them godmother of a newly built ship, why don't they select a person who has actually done something to improve the condition of world, or some part of it.

Somehow singers, actresses and other celebrity types just don't make the cut. They're worth millions, and usually are not particularly philanthropic (at least not publicly). They just spend all their big bucks on themselves and their outrageous lifestyles.

I really do not understand the choice of celebs for godmothers.

If the cruiselines want to honor someone by naming them godmother of a newly built ship, why don't they select a person who has actually done something to improve the condition of world, or some part of it.

Somehow singers, actresses and other celebrity types just don't make the cut. They're worth millions, and usually are not particularly philanthropic (at least not publicly). They just spend all their big bucks on themselves and their outrageous lifestyles.

I think people like Dara Torres and Shawn Johnson are the perfect Godmothers.

Dara Torres went up against all the odds and succeeded. She was the oldest athlete at the 2000 games. She then retired from swimming and settled down to build a family. After having her first child she used swimming to get back into shape and it worked so well that 15 months later she returned to the Olympics in Beijing to win three medals at the age of 40. Now that is an inspirational story.

Shawn Johnson is only 17 yet since the 2008 Olympics she has worked to help children. She recently was a part of a contest for children to win a trip to the 2010 Olympics where she will be their guide. She is also the one who will be working with the Make A Wish Foundation to grant wishes on board. Yet she is still not even an adult.

If these aren't the kind of people that should be godmothers I don't know who it should be, because it definitely shouldn't be travel agents.

Note: I do not agree with the choices of Keshia Knight Pulliam and Daisy Fuentes. These two should not discredit the other five though.

Archived