Liberty of the Seas Balcony E1 or E2 category?

Want to book a balcony cabin on Deck 6, E1 or E2 category. They say they are the same size, but on is more expensive than the other. What is the difference in the two?

E1's are three bed cabins vs. 2 bed in E2. I've had E1's when E2's aren't available and always hoped I might get "upgraded" because someone would come in at the last minute wanting a three bunk cabin and none were available. Never has happened, though :(

It might be because I always note on the booking "no upgrades unless it is a suite." :)

Tucker in Texas

The cabins are the same size. The price difference is because RCCL feels E1 cabins are in better locations on the ship. We sailed on Liberty last August, you'll have a great time.

Does anyone know if it is true that E1 & E2's on Liberty are larger (not including balcony) than those on Freedom and Independence?

The stateroom details on the RCI site specify that E1 & E2 categories on Freedom and Independence are 177 sq ft with a 74 sq ft balcony, yet on Liberty they are 200 sq ft with a 53 sq ft balcony.

Does anyone know if it is true that E1 & E2's on Liberty are larger (not including balcony) than those on Freedom and Independence?

The stateroom details on the RCI site specify that E1 & E2 categories on Freedom and Independence are 177 sq ft with a 74 sq ft balcony, yet on Liberty they are 200 sq ft with a 53 sq ft balcony.

Don't always go by the web-site...there are a number of discrepancies :rolleyes:

The cabins are the same size. The price difference is because RCCL feels E1 cabins are in better locations on the ship. We sailed on Liberty last August, you'll have a great time.

I don't know about all the ships but on the Voyager class you will see an E1 with E2's on either side of it. You will see E1's further forward and further aft than E2's. I have taken a "guarantee" and been "upgraded" from E2 to E1 only to find I am four cabins down the hall closer to the front of the ship than where I was before.

Tucker in Texas

Archived