Oasis of the Seas 11/26/11 - 12/03/11 Review

Just got back last weekend on Oasis of the Seas 11/26/11 to 12/03/11 doing the Western Caribbean. This was our first time on an Oasis Class Ship even though we are Diamond Plus. This was probably the BEST Cruise we have been on and would definitely recommend to anyone as you will see in the report. Some of the pics & documents that I will include were either taken with my Nikon D90. Android Phone, or wife’s small Cannon.

Day 1 11/26/11

We ended up leaving the house in Orlando around 9:30 AM in the morning and after 2 stops for the girls on the way we arrived in Ft Lauderdale around 2 PM. We then entered the Cruise Terminal and was amazed at how organized and how quickly we were able to get checked in compared to past experiences. From there went upstairs and then boarded the Oasis. WOW from the moment we entered the ship we were impressed at how much bigger and better the Promenade was compared to Freedom & Voyager Class. On the way to our cabin we went past the new Starbucks Kiosk. After stopping by the cabin to drop off our carryon bags we were amazed that our 1st of 8 bags had already arrived.

At this point it was about 2:45 so we went to the Windjammer for a quick lunch. The Windjammer was a little crowded but we were able to find a seat and eat. Everything about the food and service in the Windjammer appeared normal. We then returned to the cabin and saw that all the luggage had arrived and then went to the lifeboat drill.

After the lifeboat drill we then went to the AquaTheater for the DreamWorks Sail Away Party. Our 3 & 1 year old both loved it and had a great time at the show (pics taken on my Droid, not the best).

IMAG0043-L.jpg

We then went to My Time Dining down on Deck 5 for a 5:30 Dinner Reservation. After Dinner we then went to Adventure Ocean and the Royal Babies Nursery and signed the girls up for both programs. After we let the girls play with the toys in the Nursery we then brought them down to the Boardwalk. After 2 hours of alternating with my wife our 3 year old finally had enough of the Carousel for the first day.

Day1OasisP1-11262011-001-X2.jpg

Day1OasisP11-11262011-001-X2.jpg

Day1OasisP12-11262011-001-X2.jpg

Day1OasisP5-11262011-001-X2.jpg

Day1OasisP6-11262011-001-X2.jpg

Thanks for your review! I went on the Oasis back on 9/24 and had a similar experience as you. I was amazed at how fast and easy it is to get through the boarding process. We got on around 12:30 PM, and were a bit overwhelmed by how crowded the Windjammer was, but once we found a table (it did take a bit of looking and then climbing over tables practically to get to an empty one), it was great. We also went to the Sail Away Party and thought that was a lot of fun with all the Dreamworks Characters. Never had been on a cruise before, and was a little worried the ship would be overhwelming, but it really wasn't and had a great time. As a result we are going back again at the end of January! They really did a great job with their Oasis class ships!

Thanks for taking the time to scan everything. Can't wait to read and see more.

I figured this would help others in planning their dinner, shows, etc since I almost lost my mind putting the pieces together back in October for us. I think my wife thought I was going crazy with all the menu printouts and cruise planners I put together from numerous other review. It took me almost 2 weeks to plan our schedule out.

Day 2 – Sunday 11/27/11

The morning started off early for us to make it to the DreamWorks Character Breakfast at 8. The schedule tells you to be there at 7:45 but we learned from Freedom last April to arrive around 7:30. We were the 2nd ones in and got a table for 4 next to the window. It was also the same menu that was used on Freedom last April for the Character Breakfasts. The girls loved it. My oldest is a big Princess Fiona Fan and gave her a 2nd doll to hold like she did on Freedom. Now she has 2 dolls that have been held by Princess Fiona.

1251032062_RrpyU-X2.jpg

20111127-Jeff-D90-X2.jpg

20111127-Jeff-D90-X2.jpg

After breakfast we went back to the cabin to change and went up to the H2O Zone. Usually my 3 year old has a blast there but the water was a little cool and it was a little windy. We stayed for about 2 hours and then went back to shower and change. My wife and the girls decided to take a nap. This allowed me to wonder around the ship. After reading other reviews over the last few months from some credible people I found the Park Café and wanted to see how good this “Roast Beef Sandwich” really was? It was GREAT, this place actually became my preferred place to have lunch at the rest of the cruise. They have the custom made salads, roast beef sandwich, & other items. The catch is to either arrive early or late in the afternoon for lunch. If you arrive during a peak time they get slammed.

After lunch I just walked the ship, relaxed, and took some pics while everyone was sleeping. I then went back and woke everyone up for dinner. We once again hit the MTD @ 5:30. Our Waiter for the entire cruise was Markland Williams who did an excellent job each night at dinner. After the first night our 1 year old went to the nursery ($8 an hour) each night while we were at dinner. They would also feed her while she was there. Our 3 year old would have dinner with us (Mac & Cheese every night for her). Tonight the Filet of beef was excellent and melted in your mouth.

Menu for Day 2

Day2StarterMenu-X3.jpg

Day2DinnerMenu-X3.jpg

After dinner we went to the Boardwalk again since my 3 year old daughter wanted to ride the carousel again for another hour. After that we went and got my other daughter at the nursery and we all went down to Blaze on Deck 4 for the Family Time and DreamWorks Characters.

Day 2 Adventure Ocean Planner

OasisAdvOceanDay2-p1-112711-X2.jpg

OasisAdvOceanDay2-p2-112711-X2.jpg

Children's Dinner Menu

OasisKidsMenu1-001-X2.jpg

So far this has been a great cruise. When the girls are happy everyone is happy. No problems or issues when anything. I am really impressed that with the number of people onboard it appears less crowded compared to other ships.

Here are a few of the pics I took on Day 2:

20111127-Jeff-D90-X2.jpg

20111127-Jeff-D90-X2.jpg

20111127-Jeff-D90-X2.jpg

I want to acknowledge the amount of time it took to scan and post those compasses. When I wrote my Oasis review I was praying no one would ask me to do that (;) :D ) Thankfully, I evaded that question but I know that people love having them so thank you for doing it!

Looking forward to more!

Day 3 – Monday 11/28/11

The morning started off early in Labadee running to the Windjammer for breakfast and then making it back to the Diamond Plus meeting point for the Bridge Tour. The Bridge Tour was very impressive and everything was sort of like when you look down on the Voyager Class through the windows above the Bridge. The Captain did not make an appearance only 2 of the Officers were there for the tour.

20111202-Jeff-D90-Oasis-6439-X2.jpg

20111202-Jeff-D90-Oasis-6458-X2.jpg

After the tour we went ashore in Labadee. WOW again, it has been a few years since we had been to Labadee all of our visits in the past were prior to all of the improvements and when you had to tender in. Lots of improvements. We ended up taking the walk over to Adrenaline Beach and stayed there for a couple of hours. We passed on the food at Labadee after remembering one of the reviews posted a few months ago about sweaty guests around the food. Instead we went back onboard and brought the girls to the Windjammer for lunch.

Day3OasisP11-labadee-11282011-X2.jpg

Day3OasisP12-labadee-11282011-X2.jpg

Day3OasisP13-labadee-11282011-X2.jpg

Day3OasisP14-labadee-11282011-X2.jpg

After that everyone but me took a nap. I once again made it down to the Park Café for a GREAT lunch (Salad & Roast Beef Sandwich) again.

After waking everyone up we dropped my 1 year old off at the nursery for dinner and the rest of us made our 5:30 MTD Reservation. After looking at the menu we were not impressed with the normal selection so we both ordered up the Filet from Chops and our daughter order the Mac & Cheese. The Filet was great well worth the extra cost to have it in the dining room. When we were done we went and got out 1 year old from the nursery and once again went out on the Boardwalk for an hour on the carousel. After that we hit a few DreamWorks appearances and then off to Blaze on Deck 4 for some of the family activities for the girls.

Day 4 – Tuesday 11/29/11

Today we arrived in Falmouth, Jamaica and went ashore. We really didn’t spend much time prior to walking back to the ship. My feeling is there still needs to be lots of work prior to this port becoming a real port. I think it does have potential maybe a year down the road? Once back on board we brought the girls up to the Windjammer for lunch and then my 3 year old announced she wanted to head to Adventure Ocean to be with friends for the rest of the afternoon so we signed her in.

20111202-Jeff-D90-Oasis-6509-L.jpg

20111202-Jeff-D90-Oasis-6511-XL.jpg

20111202-Jeff-D90-Oasis-6514-XL.jpg

I then decided to check out more of the ship and once again went to the Park Café for lunch. This time I had the salad and tried a Cuban. The Cuban was also GREAT, so far everything I have tried in the Park Café is excellent. After the Park Café I just walked around all the decks and took pictures of the ship. Just prior to dinner I picked up my 3 year old from Adventure Ocean and dropped of our 1 year old in the nursery. Dinner was excellent not a complaint and we had to let our waiter know we need to rush since the Aqua Show we were scheduled for the first night was cancelled and rescheduled for 7 tonight. We managed to finish dinner with time to spare.

From seeing the attendance at the prior Aqua Shows we knew we needed to be there early so we arrived at about 6:25 just prior to them allowing people to sit. Once we entered we found the reserved seating for Diamond Plus and got some great seats. About 5 minutes prior to the show it started to rain some and the wind picked up as we were leaving Falmouth. We figured it would be cancelled again but they started the show and then stopped it again for about 5 minutes. The show then started it was great as you can see from some of the pics. When the show was over we had to rush to the other end of the ship since we had made reservations for Abbacadabra and because of delays were running late.

20111202-Jeff-D90-Oasis-6582-L.jpg

20111202-Jeff-D90-Oasis-6597-L.jpg

20111202-Jeff-D90-Oasis-6604-L.jpg

We arrived at the Opal Theater just prior to the start and most seats were taken. We ended up finding 2 seats that were set up behind the last row on Deck 5. The show started and it was great. My 3 year old got up on her seat and started dancing to all of the songs with a BIG SMILE on her face (I was so proud of her). If you are an Abba Fan you want to see this show. After the show we went and found some of the DreamWorks Characters for the girls and went down on the Promenade Deck prior to going to bed.

So far after 4 days we have had a great cruise. The ship, crew, etc have all been great. The programs for the girls have been the best. If the girls are happy then the wife is happy.

Archived