Royal does away with bag tags...except for Suite and Pinnacle guests

Bag Tag Mailer Updates: Please be aware that for the Royal Caribbean International brand, effective for all guest documents issued on, or after, August 8, 2012, we will be eliminating the ability to order a Bag Tag Mailer for all guests/bookings with the exception of Crown & Anchor Pinnacle members and Suite guests (Grand Suites and above). For all other Royal Caribbean International bookings, bag tags will now be included as a page within the eDoc ticket booklets, which can then be printed and attached by the guest. At this time, while we will still allow a bag tag mailing address to be entered within the CruiseMatch booking engine, please be aware that after August 8, 2012 no mailers will be sent to any addresses that are provided here for Royal Caribbean International bookings. At this time, these changes do not impact guests/bookings on either the Celebrity Cruises or Azamara Club Cruises brands.

This is truly minor..i would rather RCI save a couple of bucks by eliminating the tags and the envelope and the postage than take it out of the food budget.....

Works for me.

It ain't a real friendly economy out there these days, ya gotta give RCI credit for making an effort to maintain the product.

Packing tape works perfectly - although I have to admit I will miss the excitement i get when I open my mailbox and see the envelope from RCI :o

agreed...i don't mind printing them...but the little envelope made it all seem real...;)

No biggie...you can use packing tape..or i suppose you can laminate them...it will bring out everyone's internal Martha Stewart!!:D

agreed...i don't mind printing them...but the little envelope made it all seem real...;)

Get the Bedazzlers ready! I see a cottage industry primed for the ready!! Custom luggage tags :D

This has ruined my day :mad:...Just one more cheap downgrade from RCI to their loyal royals :(...This should still be available to D+ as it's taken most of us a long time to get there...What's next :confused:

Porters at the pier put luggage tags on. Mailers, printing your own, using packaging tape... It's all a big waste of time.

Of course, having said that. I have no doubt people here will react to this in such a fashion that you would think RCI just announced they are using blind amputee child slave laborers in their engine rooms!

This has ruined my day :mad:...Just one more cheap downgrade from RCI to their loyal royals :(...This should still be available to D+ as it's taken most of us a long time to get there...What's next :confused:

Seriously, this "ruined your day"???:eek:

This is truly minor..i would rather RCI save a couple of bucks by eliminating the tags and the envelope and the postage than take it out of the food budget.....

Works for me.

It ain't a real friendly economy out there these days, ya gotta give RCI credit for making an effort to maintain the product.

Why do you figure it is only an "either/or" situation? :D :D

Ray in NH (I'm surprised RCI waited this long)

There is a web site that sells all sorts of cruise related stuff and I ordered these really nice luggage tag holders from them. They are re-usable clear plastic. You take your printed luggage tag, fold, insert it into the holder and attach to your luggage handle with the included strap. Mine were around $3 each which includes the shipping cost. I love them! No more laminating, packing tape etc.

Google cuise luggage tag holders and you should find it.

Princess cruise line already does this. We sailed on it last year and I read on their page about clear luggage tag holders you can order thru the web. I ordered several. They weren't too expensive and they worked great. I just bought some of the electrical tie wraps to secure them.

Sorry I can't help what website at this time. If I find it, I'll post later.

Packing tape works perfectly - although I have to admit I will miss the excitement i get when I open my mailbox and see the envelope from RCI :o

I can live without the tags..but it was always neat to get the official countdown item which was actual tangible proof I am finally going & getting close to departure time :)

Wow. I would love to trade days with you if this is the worst of it.

Archived