captain's dinner

sailing suzie

[font=Comic Sans MS]I need some advice _____ My hubby does not like the idea of a suit or tuxedo for a dinner meal. I need someone to tell me how to make this happen without a family feud!![/font]
[font=Comic Sans MS]Our first time to cruise and I want to have a good time :confused: [/font]
[font=Comic Sans MS]I need to ask also , we only have certified BC not a passport. Will this be a big problem boarding???[/font]
[font=Comic Sans MS][/font]
[font=Comic Sans MS]First time cruising,[/font]
[font=Comic Sans MS]Suzie[/font]

BC and License are just fine for boarding- no worries.... Maybe make a bit of a bargain with your hubby for formal night. Let him know how sexy he looks dressed up and explain how the evening will be after dinner and dancing :) It's a great time for family portraits without having to go to Olan Mills or whomever, too- and cheaper, too!

On the formal night that features the captain's cocktail party, you can go and meet the Captain and have free drinks and appetizers. The party lasts about 45 minutes prior the dinner seating--one for early diners and one for late diners. BC and picture ID should be just fine for boarding.

My husband also hated the Idea of dressing up. The first cruise he wore a sport jacket and dark pants ,as many do. Now he prefers a dark suit. It was really only the 2 nights. The rest of the time It was Dockers and a cotton short sleeve shirt.no tie.

Maybe you can make a deal with him. . . he dresses up for the first formal night. If it's [color=red]SO [/color]awful, you skip the 2nd formal night and eat at the restaurant on the Lido deck. I bet he'll enjoy himself enough that he'll be willing to wear the suit just one more time.

FYI, it's only for the Welcome Aboard party & dinner on the first night. He can change into dockers right after dinner. The 2'nd formal night, it's even less time because there's no party -- just dinner.

[font=Comic Sans MS][color=black]Thanks so much for your help with hubby!!! He is a very sweet guy, just hates to be all choaked up. But I am going to bargain with him like U all said do. Wish me luck.[/color][/font]
[font=Comic Sans MS]Thanks again,[/font]
[font=Comic Sans MS]Suzie,[/font]
Sailing Novemeber 8th

Not everyone wears a tie. I nice sports jacket and a silk tee shirt is one of my favorites. You will not feel out of place at all. The BC can be a pain, make sure it is state certified, no little foot prints. Several years ago we were almost denied boarding. The passport is the universal form of ID. My understanding is the cruise industry will be mandatory passport by 2006. Have fun, relax, if you wanted to wear a suit or tux you would be booked on Princess.

Archived