city mini on the carnival pride?

karenna00

Just got off the pride on Jan 15 with our 2.5 year old. A few things to consider:

We found the elevators on the Pride to be fairly small. Depending on the size of your stroller, this might be a challenge. We never had to wait long for an elevator, but during high traffic times you may end up waiting for one with enough room.

What size stateroom do you have and how flat does your stroller and car seat fold? Our umbrella stroller could fit under the bed and we specifically borrowed a foldable car seat so that it could be stored in the closet. (It was a Safety 1st Go hybrid booster, and I didn't care for it as a car seat, I should have borrowed a Radian).

We only used our stroller for embarkation/ debarkation, not on board or in port (he walked or rode in the ERGO), but again, our kid is 2.5.

Brought the city mini on 3 cruises and it was great ! You need to fold it up to bring into the room, but no issues anywhere on the ship. Great stroller - my son slept in it alot.

I just purchased the double city select. I'm going to attempt to bring the City Select this year !

We took our City Mini on the RCCL Enchantment OTS on our last cruise. DD was 8 months old at the time, so we definitely needed the almost full recline. The big sunshade was a plus too. We found it easy to maneuver, especially because of the easy fold-up.

We did not take it into the dining room during the evening though, since it was too hard to maneuver through all of the tables and chairs. We usually left it in the cabin, or left it at the entrance of the dining room with the maitre de.

If you take it to the beach, don't forget that the front wheel can lock to a straight position. We forgot about that, and had a really hard time going through even the shallow sand.

We took City mini on HAL Veendam and the ship is a lot smaller than Pride and we didn't have a problem at all. On our last cruise we took City Elite and it's was too big we can't get through our stateroom door and it's take too much room.

Our next trip we will bring the City mini and a cheap umbrella stroller and we will use umbrella stroller just around the ship. :)

• 3 weeks later...

We brought our City Mini on Holland America ms Nieuw Amsterdam and it worked great. Sure it's a little bigger than an umbrella stroller, but you can load it up with your packages and diaper bags and it doesn't tip over the second you take your little one out. We never had problems navigating the ship, elevators or port with it. Though, I will say on tender days, we took our infant carrier instead...just to make boarding the tender boats easier.

• 3 months later...

Archived