NCL Jade - Arpil 17-27, 2013 Rome-Greece-Turkey-Rome

jpa34

My partner, Darrell (51) and I, Allen (49), are looking forward to our first Mediterranean cruise, This'll be our 13th cruise but our first foray into the Med. We've done a few Transatlantic crossings and have had the good fortune of meeting up with a lot of GLBT folks and are hoping this cruise proves the same. Starting this thread to see if there are any other "like minded" passengers with which to meet and maybe plan a few excursions with or at least share a drink or two at the FOD gatherings, or over dinner.Looking forward to hearing from you.

Hi guys! I'm considering this cruise if I can find a cabin mate! I was with you on the Epic crossing in 2011. That had a HUGE FOD crowd, huh? I think I'd like the Jade better as a ship since I loved the Jewel and it's similar, I think.

We had a great time on the Epic! I couldn't believe how big a group we had. If we get a quarter as many guys on this cruise we'd be happy. Hope you find a traveling company and we'll get the chance to see you again.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

We are cruise virgins and don't know the first thing about organizing a group to share a tour with. We are waiting to hear from one group to see if the can fit us in or not. They mentioned nothing about being "like-minded individuals", so don't know anything about the group. We have not committed and are waiting for details.We (Michael, 70, and Jouko, 45) would still like to meet and greet, if nothing else. who knows what's going to happen!

Hi Michael and Jouko,

Unfortunately the other Roll Call group, from what I can tell, all seem to be straight couples. We'd love to do a tour out to Ephesus but would find it more enjoyable to be with other FODs.

That being said, I would be willing to get a tour started for the day we are in Izmir. My sister was over last night and gave us some information on a company they used when they were on a port stop in Izmir. The company is Otti Travel and are part of IATA, BBB, TURSAB and other reputable organization. My sister highly recommends them. (I've been trying to add in a url for the website but each time i enter my post it stars out the name. You can google Otti travel and it'll bring you to the website).

They do have a full day semi-private tour that we could set up at a cost of $59.00 (I'm going to assume that's USD). They will start a semi private tour with a minimum of 3 people but will take as many as 10. On the semi private tour whoever makes the booking first choosing the start time and anyone else who joins in later will be bound by that start time.

If that seems like something you guys would be interested in then let me know I will look into it further. So far it doesn't seem like anyone else has requested the full day tour on the day we will arrive so if we start it we will have a choice of departure time. We arrive the port at 8 so I was thinking a 9am start would work.

Get back to us,

Allen

In case any other couples/singles join this post in the coming weeks I'll let you know that we have booked, along with Mister_p (2) a tour to Ephesus on Sunday 21April. There would be room for others if you'd care to join in with the 4 of us.

It's a 5.5 hour private tour to Ephesus and the Terrace House, along with a stop at The Temple of Artemis. The cost of the tour right now is $59.00 per person but decreases slightly if we add more people in.

If interested, and would like to join us send a message to this post or email me , Allen, at jpa34@shaw.ca

Archived