Breakaway cabin for Bermuda - opinions please

familycruzer

If you had to pick between a B1 (deck 9) B6 or M6 to Bermuda which would you do?

I am torn...

B1 ... rough seas and I may regret aft and what will my view be in port? Huge balcony though. I love aft!

M6 big balcony almost all exposed from above. Better cabin and side view.

B6 big balcony less open balcony and a bit smaller but narrow cabin.

Crap shoot on what my view will be in port ... Land or water.

Personally, I would never give up an opportunity to book an aft cabin if at all possible. The amazing views from that area of the ship are simply amazing. For the most part, it is quieter and more private in that area as well. As far as motion is concerned, we have never noticed more movement in the aft cabins than any other part of the ship. We book aft area cabins often too. It is too hard to determine which direction the ship will be while pulled into the port at Bermuda. They alternate every so often to allow life boat drills for both sides of the ship. I can tell you we have been in aft facing balcony cabins while in Bermuda facing in both directions. Even if you are pulled in with the Royal Ship behind you, it really is not a problem. Best Wishes with whatever cabin you decide! Bermuda is simply amazing and IMO the most beautiful place on earth!

You might find this thread helpful. I went through the same decsion and settled on M6. I too was worried about the above exposure, but after sketching it out to scale, I came to the decision that someone would really want to look down on your balcony to do so.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1843427

One additional thing...if you choose M6...don't be in a rush to book. Monitor cabins and you can probably wait until a couple weeks after final payment and save a lot of $$ as prices come down.

Edited by Winston Wolf

We had aft 9318 to Bermuda last year and it was great. Our first experience in an aft cabin and I am now spoiled. I didn't find the movement to be terrible at all and the views were wonderful. The only downside is when the ship first starts moving away from the berth--the whole room started shaking like mad and there was a very loud grinding sound. But since it's not a port-intensive trip, you'll only experience that a couple of times and it didn't last very long. We're looking at doing the Sun to Alaska in 2015 and I have my eye on an aft Mini.

Have a wonderful time!

Jen