Fiji Airways vs. ATN

Icecat

Just back from the south pacific trip; here is my comparison;

Fiji Airways cabin's are immaculate; and they should be since the 330's are less than a year old. ATN's have new interiors; so rate this a tie.

Legroom: ATN wins hands down. Fiji Airways is cramping 20+ more seats in their planes than Delta or US Airways does with the same model. Therefore the seat pitch is only 31" compared to ATN's 33". Those two inches make a big difference for someone that is tall.

Cabin Staff: ATN again wins. The only time we saw a cabin staff member while in flight was during meal service and they weren't really friendly.

Meals: ATN once again take home the prize. The arrival breakfast meal into Nadi was just a cheese Jimmy Dean breakfast sandwich. I kid you not.

On my flights both airlines were on-time. **I'm not counting the last departure on ATN when a native went bonkers as we were backing away from the gate at PPT, causing up to return to the gate and we ended up departing an hour late.

On the whole, flying ATN was just a better overall travel experience.

• 4 weeks later...

Good to know. I'm tall and will be flying ATN at end of this AUG. We upgraded to business class so I'm expecting good things.

Edited by Espi

Fiji airlines must be really horrendous as I am not happy with ATN's decline the past decade and they have become pretty crappy, that's why I trying Hawaiian air this time

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app