2016 Itineraries

Oops!

Just checked my TA and he says maybe Aug or even Sept as Seabourn has gone quiet on the July idea.

Happy sailing!

Thank you for the update.

We take a month off work at Christmas and are keen to get a cruise booked for December 2015. Depending on what's on offer from SB, bearing in mind there will only be 3 ships sailing at that time, we may have to look at another cruise line. I'm guessing that the Quest will be back in the Antarctic, Odyssey doing the usual Australia/NZ route, so it will depend on the location of Sojourn.

Wonder if SB is delaying partly because of the launch of the new ship in 2016?

I think big issue is with only three ships will they abandon Caribbean for a season.

Yes, that's what I'm thinking also.

We're keen to do a Panama Canal transit but if they're not in the Caribbean at Christmas 2015 we will consider Silversea again. Even though I've said I wouldn't go back to SS.:eek:

Thanks again markham.

I do rather hope that SB will offer a canal transit for 2015 because I'm not that keen to cruise with SS again, whereas my husband is keen to give SS another try and they do have the itinerary and dates that work for us. It looks as if patience for another couple of months is required on my part.

• 4 weeks later...

Nigella,

I checked with Seabourn reservations again and today have heard back.

It's still mid to late August for late 2015 itineraries and also winter-spring 2016 itineraries.

What caught my eye is that the message literally addresses only 6 months of cruises. Maybe the hesitation to release a few additional months (as is usual) relates to the lack of clarity as to when the next new build is ready, such as June or July 2016. And this effects everything.

Anyway, all will be revealed sooner or later.

Happy cruising!

But WHY do you want them to abandon the Caribbean?
Because ultimately with only three ships it takes them away from more interesting destinations with interesting cultures. With that said, there are huge numbers of cruises to these island destinations (and that makes it very crowded and touristy)so you have plenty to pick from. And selfishly we have been there many times over the years and are really not beach people. We are retirees who want to see the world. I think I could take all the islands and put them in a bucket and pull one out...beach, beach, beach. Florida is close and easy for us and with great beaches.

With that said, our children who are working love something relaxing like this and getting to warm weather in the winter for a few weeks. I just don't want to waste Seabourn on this type of destination Just personal preference, not right or wrong. Aren't you sorry you asked??

because ultimately with only three ships it takes them away from more interesting destinations with interesting cultures.

I just don't want to waste seabourn on this type of destination.

perfect summary!

GUESS WHAT!!!

Despite what I was told just 2 days ago the 2016 itineraries are now on seabourn.com.

Contact your travel agent if you see something you like e.g. the Odyssey and Sojourn winter cruises have some new Asian and South Pacific ports respectively.

Happy sailing!

Glad to hear it, 2SailingNomads,

I think the itineraries are very interesting in Jan-March 2016 with Odyssey doing lots of small and new ports in the South Pacific and Sojourn going up to China, Japan and Korea for a spell. (My last post had the "respectives" switched.)

Then there's Quest with the Antarctic expeditions that Capt Larsen and Adventurer Robin West executed so well this year.

Some choice... If only we could take them all!

I hope to learn more soon about the new ship's delivery date, partly because with only 3 ships Seabourn will want to offer more choices concurrently. For now, though, it's June, 2016.

Happy sailing!

Edited by markham

If the itineraries were reveiled just a few days ago, then I do not understand how it is possible that some cruises are already booked fully and some cruise itineraries have already no availability anymore for owner suite or above?

How can that be?

If the itineraries were reveiled just a few days ago, then I do not understand how it is possible that some cruises are already booked fully and some cruise itineraries have already no availability anymore for owner suite or above?

How can that be?

People book them:rolleyes:

Yes, that's very strange. I too found the Owners Suites sold for the 77 day Odyssey cruise in the South Pacific.

My guess about the Owners Suite on this cruise is that travel agents booked them for their customers very quickly or at their own risk to sell on later. There are only 2 per ship and this is a great cruise which will probably be very popular with the usual "world cruise" crowd of past years.

And on that note, have you found that the Signature and Wintergarden suites are sold out as well on this and/or the other cruises you have checked? They do not show on the Seabourn website, as far as I know.

Please check with your travel agent and tell us if you want to pursue this.

Happy sailing!

Yes, that's what I'm thinking also.

We're keen to do a Panama Canal transit but if they're not in the Caribbean at Christmas 2015 we will consider Silversea again. Even though I've said I wouldn't go back to SS.:eek:

Yes what's gone on with the Panama canal? It being the 100th anniversary most lines have been zipping up and down it like ships on a string and yet Seaborn appears to be steering well clear of the place.

What happens is that Seabourn will take a deposit for an itinerary with no sail date yet published. This requires a deposit ($400) and you are given 1st shot at a "requested" cabin before its open the general public. I just did that for a Canada-Ft Lauderdale trip and got what I asked for.