Orient suggestions?

Jey01

Hi all! We will be on the Valor in January and have our heart set on going to Orient. We've been one other time and got $5 chairs at a little place near Pedro's. We were planning on orange fever bc it's laid back, not too fancy and supposedly less crowded than other orient bar/beach chair huts. We've read that the beach near Pedro's is pretty wiped out. Anyone have any other recommendations? Not too fancy/crowded? It's not really about $$ (it is a little lol) we just want to be beach bums. 😥

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hi all! We will be on the Valor in January and have our heart set on going to Orient. We've been one other time and got $5 chairs at a little place near Pedro's. We were planning on orange fever bc it's laid back, not too fancy and supposedly less crowded than other orient bar/beach chair huts. We've read that the beach near Pedro's is pretty wiped out. Anyone have any other recommendations? Not too fancy/crowded? It's not really about $$ (it is a little lol) we just want to be beach bums. 😥

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Be very sure all the seaweed is gone from Orient before you go. We were there last week and the beach is almost washed away and there is thick, smelly brown tree like seaweed that is knee high on the beach and it smells!!! It is also thick in the water as far as you can see.

No one was staying there.....not one chair was rented because is was horrendeous! Only peopke making money that day were the cab drivers continuously taking people back!

Love Orient......but not this time. Cab driver said it had been like that for several months....:eek:

I have seen it washed out at Pedros many times......however this seaweed situation is a whole different experience. Never seen anything like it and I hope I never do again!

We arrived around 10:30 in the morning and there were Zero number of people there......zero!!!

Everyone who arrived by cab immediately left in the next cab they could get.....including us!!!

Edited by GTO-Girl