Another Oasis-class to be built?

IMO, if they do go to a 3rd ship, they will need to open up some new ports. I have no idea about Med ports that can take that size ships, but if it was to be in the Caribbean, I would hope for more ports.

A third Oasis class ship would be a perfect fit for Port Canaveral. Royal has always put one of their larger ships there and has done well. It could alternate Eastern/Western and visit the same ports as Allure/Oasis.

I have read that Port Canaveral is deepening their channel in hopes of getting an Oasis class ship. It would tie in well with folks wishing to add on to their Disney/Univeral vacations.

Plus - its a 3 hour closer drive for me!!!

I would love to see an Oasis class ship in Europe, but I don't know how many ports could handle it. The larger Italian and Spanish ones could. My absolute ideal situation would be having an Oasis class doing 14 night cruises out of Southampton. That currently isn't possible as the swinging ground is too small for a ship that long.

A third Oasis class ship would be a perfect fit for Port Canaveral. Royal has always put one of their larger ships there and has done well. It could alternate Eastern/Western and visit the same ports as Allure/Oasis.

I have read that Port Canaveral is deepening their channel in hopes of getting an Oasis class ship. It would tie in well with folks wishing to add on to their Disney/Univeral vacations.

Plus - its a 3 hour closer drive for me!!!

Yeah... I tend to agree with this.

IF (and that's a big if) there really is a third Oasis ship coming PC would appear to be a natural fit for it. Those ships are designed for warm weather cruising and don't really make sense for the smaller ports and facilities in Europe.

IF (and that's a big if) an Oasis class ship comes to Port Canaveral then that would free up the Freedom to go another port. Maybe Southern Caribbean out of San Juan or Cape Liberty. Or maybe even the Australian/Asian market since that seems to be a bigger focus for RCI than Europe right now.

I guess we'll see in the upcoming months. Is RCI really willing to pony up another $2bil+ or is the Finnish gov't so desperate to get work into Turku that they'll load up on the incentives...

I would love to see an Oasis class ship in Europe, but I don't know how many ports could handle it. The larger Italian and Spanish ones could. My absolute ideal situation would be having an Oasis class doing 14 night cruises out of Southampton. That currently isn't possible as the swinging ground is too small for a ship that long.

I was thinking the same thing when I first read this story, except that I'm certain she would stay in the Western Mediterranean. Most of those ports are already deep enough to handle a ship of her size, and Villefranche is a tendered port for all ships.

Royal caribbean didn't even have an option for a third vessel in the initial contract did they?

Seems like the Oasis-twins are doing better than rci anticipated!

I was surprised when Royal Caribbean said that they weren't interested in any additional Oasis class vessels. I think at the time they didn't know how successful the ships would be. I'm excited to see what this new ship will offer. And I'm glad that this revolutionary design has been a great success!

Maybe it will be for the growing Asian cruise market and based in Singapore. Could be the floating equivalent of an A380. ;)

The A380 is an awesome aircraft to travel on...... and so is the Oasis class (from everything I've read)!!

Very interesting...Oasis...Allure.....

Yea, it is interesting. There will be so much time between ships, it'll probably be a second generation Oasis Class with subtle differences....like how Vision and Voyager Classes have dfferent generation designs.

Makes me wonder what else is in the works. I heard rumor a little while back they were considering a new cruise port capable of handling Oasis in Ponce, PR, among other places.

Someone said something about overcapacity in the cruise industry. This might be true, but don't forget that the economy is picking up and if this is true by the time they get the ship it will be at least 2-3 years from now.

Another aspect that comes to mind is that sooner or later the Majesty will also leave the fleet. The Monarch will leave in April next year and they don't have a ship to replace her, so capacity will go down.

Yea, it is interesting. There will be so much time between ships, it'll probably be a second generation Oasis Class with subtle differences....like how Vision and Voyager Classes have dfferent generation designs.

Makes me wonder what else is in the works. I heard rumor a little while back they were considering a new cruise port capable of handling Oasis in Ponce, PR, among other places.

I was thinking the same thing Paul;)....betting it would be a "modified" version.

Now that would make me try that class of ship. Love the southern route!!

Seriously... we can't get any hints about Sunshine but then this leaks out... sounds very exciting ~if~ it is happening - would LOVE a different route with an Oasis class ship now that i've covered the basics with O and A and can go for the route AND the ship.

Seriously... we can't get any hints about Sunshine but then this leaks out... sounds very exciting ~if~ it is happening - would LOVE a different route with an Oasis class ship now that i've covered the basics with O and A and can go for the route AND the ship.

You make a good point. Sunshine details are really just around the corner...

Archived