Passion island

Patsfans

• 3 weeks later...

Did you go to Passion Island on your own or did you book through RC? Can you snorkel there? If so, do you know if it is usually a good spot to see a lot of fish?

Edited by chanat
Wrong name of beach

Did you go to Passion Island on your own or did you book through RC? Can you snorkel there? If so, do you know if it is usually a good spot to see a lot of fish?

I will be going there in a little over and week and can't wait. So I can't answer a whole lot of questions, but can tell you that it's a sandy bottom beach (from everything that I have read), which means no snorkeling. :(

• 3 weeks later...
Loved to hear what you thought..?? :)

Me too. She has some excellent reviews.

Craig

I just got home a few hours ago and trying to get settled in. I am currently downloading over 3500 pictures and will get started on my review in a few days when I can. :)

• 4 weeks later...

We went to Passion Island in January 2013, our first trip to Cozumel.

We found it pretty much as mitsugirly described it. We didn't have children with us; just my wife and I.

When we were there the water was rough and fairly cool, so we didn't swim, just waded along the shore.

We like to sit in the shade, and it's true the shady areas are a good ways from the water, but that was okay for us.

We didn't mind the photographers when we entered. We bought a photo and it's a nice keepsake. I don't remember the "speech."

There were some fairly rowdy wedding party people there, but they were fun to watch. They drank non-stop. One woman, maybe not with their group, was finally refused service she was so blotto.

The service was very attentive. Brought us all the drinks we wanted. I thought they weren't as strong as the ones we had in Jamaica at another AI, but I'm not a big drinker.

It's a beautiful spot and a nice place to spend a beach day. It wasn't crowded at all. Groups arrived and left at different times. Ours was the last group to leave so we had the place to ourselves for about an hour and a half. We were at the beach for 3 full hours. The catamaran ride was about 40 minutes each way and we left about 30 minutes late.

On mitsugirly's recommendation, I think we will go to Chankanaab when we return in January on the Jewel. We'd like to do some snorkeling.