So why go AI over some place like Paradise?

jdcml

Traveling just the two of us in a few weeks. There are of course a ton of AI options that all have their pros and cons, and there are supporters and critics for each of them it seems.

But here is what I'm not seeing I guess. We are going to be in Cozumel on an overnight on this trip from like 8am to about 3pm the next day. We just want to get out and relax the first day and then be able to go out on the town that evening. That said, we won't be big drinkers that requires a name tag that provides some good Samaritan directions to get us back to the ship when we pass out :D. With that said, why go AI? For that matter, why do most go AI?

From what I can tell from the menu at a place like Paradise, we should be able to do fairly well at somewhere in the $30-$40 on the high end for each of us. That would be plenty of drinks and a few appetizers. With all that food and eat till you pop on the ship, why stuff yourself on shore too?

I'm not saying AI are bad by any means, I'm just not seeing the appeal of them. From the posts I'm seeing, it isn't like most people are drinking til they drop so it seems like its better to just pay as you go...

We like Nachi for an AI in Coz (unless my DDs are with us - then I'm voted down and we go to Mr. Sanchos). The uncrowded beach, quiet relaxed atmosphere, and great service are big attractions for me. The food and unlimited drinks are icing on the cake - my guess is that we usually break even or better on our $50-55 per person admission.

If you feel like you would only eat & drink $30 or so each, then choose PB and enjoy - we've been there (love the HUGE pool :cool:), usually after snorkeling or when we have a short day in Coz.

My husband and I went to Paradise Beach in January and had a great time. We don't really drink and the ship has more than enough "all inclusive" food where we don't want that much once we get off of the ship. I agree that many people prefer to know that there won't be any extras to pay for once they arrive at the resort...but personally I would rather save the money for something else :)

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I agree, Paradise Beach Club is the way to go. Simply eat a good breakfast before you get off the ship. A few drinks and a light lunch at the club is the way to go. Can be done well under the $50 or so charged by an AI. Did Paradise last April while on the Silhouette. A great facility. Clean, modern, showers, lockers, great pool, great beach, good food and drink,great staff. 20 minute cab ride, around $20 each way including tip. Water toys $15 extra. Open from 9-6.

Tom

Edited by tsconley19

A lot of people enjoy being able to drink themselves silly without worrying about the money.

Other people don't drink that much but know they are going to eat/drink a combo of enough to make it "worth it".

For me, nothing (well except scuba) beats a day at Money Bar. Lounge on the chairs, great snorkeling, awesome nachos good drinks. We can get buy on about $30 for both of us.