staying on the ship in port

we just booked to sail on the fantasy on may 26 and this being our first disney cruise, I was wondering... is there lots to do on board when the ship is in port? I'm mainly concerned about activities for my 3 year old. I'm sure we will get off the ship at most ports, but being pregnant myself doesn't leave many options for excursions.

thanks!

We're going on the western in September and we intend to stay on board in Grand Cayman. Been there before and since it's a tender port, it's much easier to convince myself to stay on board. We'll do something in Costa Maya, only because we haven't been before and Cozumel has a beach we like, but we don't have to stay all day there either.

There is a lot to do on board. There's the Aqua Lab and Aquaduck, the Muppet Detective Agency, the pools (which should be substantially emptier on a port day), the spa, movies in the Buena Vista Theater and I'm sure a zillion other things I'm leaving out.

I was wondering about this too. My friend said pop out for a minute or two for each port, but she loved being on the ships when they were in a port. I think the only 2 ports we're really doing is Grand Cayman (there's a town called H-E-double tooth picks, and I want to send all my postcards from there. I'm kinda' a freak like that. I also want to say I took my dad to... :D ) and Castaway Cay. Glad I wouldn't be considered odd.

Archived