Postcards from Antarctica

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 09:30 AM.
10 Posts
Joined Jun 2005
We heard that you can send postcards from Antarctica, complete with the Antarctica postmark. Does anyone know if the ship sells postcards (and stamps) with scenes from Antarctica on them? Or do you buy them in Ushuaia before sailing? Thanks!
Ponce Inlet, FL / Alexandria, VA
436 Posts
Joined May 2000
They sell postcards and stamps on the ship. They stamp it with the Antarctic stamp and mail them from Ushuaia. They'll stamp your passport, too. Have a great trip. Take plenty of film or digital storage.
Tallahassee, Florida
130 Posts
Joined Apr 2003
There is also one of the stops in Antarctica where they take mail off the ship and mail it actually from the continent. Just can't remember which stop it was. Anyway it took about a month for the postcards to make it back but our friends appreciated getting something with an Antarctica post mark.

Allison
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Allison
Toronto, ON. Canada
1,492 Posts
Joined Dec 2001
Hi Allison,
I can't remember either. M & J just got back from Antarctica. She told me that this time it was the Drake Lake. Not even a ripple. No closing the portholes. The weather was beautiful.

Allison, If you won't mind, can you drop me a line at franu@rogers.com
Thaks
Fran