Statendam - Nov 2 - Puerto Vallarta

Krazy Kruizers

Got here on time.

We were suppose to do the Beach Break tour but I got up this morning with the URI. Going from hot to cold all over the ship and others coughing finally had its toll on me. Started taking meds today.

Having been here so many times before it wasn't a big deal if we went anywhere or not.

The Diamond Princess pulled in ahead of us and got to dock at the old pier where all the vendors are located. It was interesting to watch the Diamond Princess pull out around 7 - she is huge. It looked like she was going to side swipe us as she manuvered from the pier. The way the new pier is constructed the front of our ship is nearly touching the back of the Diamond even though we are at a 90 degree angle from them.

We docked at the near pier right across the street from Sam's Club and Wal-Mart.

The Norwegian Star anchored off shore and they used all 6 tenders to shuttle everyone back and forth. She was the last ship to arrive around 11 and left at 5.

Because of the location of the 2 piers, some of the catamarans were able to get into the tender pier to pick up tours while others had to be shuttled by small boats.

We were sitting out on our verandah around 1 this afternoon when we noticed 2 large shopping carts from Sam's Club being pushed across the street towards our ship. Once they got inside the gate we noticed that the carts were over-flowing with food. And the carts were being pushed by a couple of crew members and being led by the chef! Yes - you read correctly - the chef. Now we haven't been getting menus the last couple of days so now we are curious. Off we go to the Neptune Lounge to find out what is going on. Our concierge is laughing. It seems that we are running out of supplies! Especially fish. This chef forgot that this was a 21 day cruise - not a 15 day Hawaiian cruise - and he didn't order sufficient supplies. He spent the entire afternoon trying to find a good deal on fish. Even later in the afternoon we watched as more carts were brought back to the ship loaded with supplies. The waiters didn't even know was going to be on the menu until the very last minute as we 5:45 dinners entered the dining room. The menus had just come from the printer and were being distributed to the various serving stations as we sat down to dine. The waiters, area captains, and wine stewards were all laughing. Yes - the chef did find some fish supplies for the remainder of the cruise.

KK,

We were on board the Diamond when the Statendam was in PV on the 2nd. At the time I looked fondly at her and thought 'soon I will be enjoying that ship' but after reading your review and the description of all the problems on board, I'm not sure about that. I'm thinking maybe I should have picked Princess for our 15-day Hawaii cruise. I need my a/c!!! Happy Sailing!

I forgot to mention - we didn't leave Puerto Vallarta until 11 PM.

So a couple of late activities were planned.

From 10:30 to midnight (or there abouts - it actucally ended sooner) there was a late night BBQ by the Lido Pool.

And also at 10:30 there was a sail-away party on Navigation Deck by the aft pool.

Archived