"New" Chef's Table Menu to be on the Breeze :/

happy cruzin

Anyone else disappointed to find out from Heald's blog today that the Chef's Table menu for the Breeze will be the one currently served on the Magic?? :(

http://johnhealdsblog.com/2012/02/22/a-seat-at-the-top-table/

Unfortunately - that means we will NOT be experiencing the Chef's Table while on the Breeze in 2013.

Even with the Wagyu Beef - I do not believe that menu holds a candle to the original menu that we enjoyed on the Miracle in 2011 - which is still available on some ships - with the Chili Poblano Soup, Chilean Sea Bass and the Filet.

Sadly...we will pass.

We enjoyed the Chefs table so much on the Miracle, we'd be willing to try a different menu, sticking with just one would get old.

I have to admit that the Sea Bass and Filet will be a hard act to follow, but we'll still give it a try, we loved the whole thing!!!

Carole

Anyone else disappointed to find out from Heald's blog today that the Chef's Table menu for the Breeze will be the one currently served on the Magic?? :(

http://johnhealdsblog.com/2012/02/22/a-seat-at-the-top-table/

Unfortunately - that means we will NOT be experiencing the Chef's Table while on the Breeze in 2013.

Even with the Wagyu Beef - I do not believe that menu holds a candle to the original menu that we enjoyed on the Miracle in 2011 - which is still available on some ships - with the Chili Poblano Soup, Chilean Sea Bass and the Filet.

Sadly...we will pass.

Havent tried the new menu but the old one was really good.I have never had a filet that I didnt need a knife to cut.It was crazy

I'd like to try either menu... but alas both our request on Heald's blog and the email directly to the Maitre'd (no steakhouse on our ship) have gone unanswered. Guess we'll see if there are spots when we get this.

Heald's blog talks a lot about the Wagyu meat- but my understanding is Wagyu is NOT from Japan, that is Kobe beaf. Wagyu is the same, but outside of Japan (maybe US specific?) Any foodies know?

I'd like to try either menu... but alas both our request on Heald's blog and the email directly to the Maitre'd (no steakhouse on our ship) have gone unanswered. Guess we'll see if there are spots when we get this.

Heald's blog talks a lot about the Wagyu meat- but my understanding is Wagyu is NOT from Japan, that is Kobe beaf. Wagyu is the same, but outside of Japan (maybe US specific?) Any foodies know?

I believe that to be true. "Kobe" is a specific - brand name - for beef from one particular location. Wagyu is of similar quality - but not from that specific location.

We have had Wagyu Beef - while in Vegas. It was very good - and if they had just substituted that for the Filet we would still be considering the "new" menu.

But to me Cornish Game Hen is not on par with the Rock Shrimps nor does the Salmon compare to the Chilean Sea Bass...and Tomatoes - no matter how they are prepared -do not compare to Salmon Tartar. :cool:

So sadly - to me - the "new" menu feels like a scaled back version of our original Chef's Table experience.

I believe that to be true. "Kobe" is a specific - brand name - for beef from one particular location. Wagyu is of similar quality - but not from that specific location.

We have had Wagyu Beef - while in Vegas. It was very good - and if they had just substituted that for the Filet we would still be considering the "new" menu.

But to me Cornish Game Hen is not on par with the Rock Shrimps nor does the Salmon compare to the Chilean Sea Bass...and Tomatoes - no matter how they are prepared -do not compare to Salmon Tartar. :cool:

So sadly - to me - the "new" menu feels like a scaled back version of our original Chef's Table experience.

I havent been or seen the new menu but they really have cornish game hens.Wow I guess not worth the $150 anymore

I havent been or seen the new menu but they really have cornish game hens.Wow I guess not worth the $150 anymore

Here 'ya go. It is in the blog link above - but here is a copy.

Looks like the Chocolate Melting Cake is gone too :(

Executive Chef Daniel Arulraj welcomes Ms. H82Seaugo

Aboard the Carnival Magic, Tuesday February 21, 2012

RECEPTION

Parmesan Core & Olive

Chorizo & Dates, Piquillo Sofrito

Focaccia, Mascarpone Cream & Prosciutto Crudo

Langoustine & Sundried Tomato Jam Fritters

MENU

Tomatoes Our Way!

Aerated Tomato Juice, Cocoa Butter Coated, Chardonnay Poached

Tuna Banh Mi

Lemon Bread, Sesame Crisp, Miso Cream Avocado gel

Cornish Hen

Caramelized, Butternut Squash, Sofrito

Bavarois

Spinach, Green Peas, Warm Turnip & Apple Juice

Salmon

Herb Pesto, Cured Tomatoes, Carrots, Fava, Mushroom Earth, Condensed Beets

Wagyu

Slow Stewed short ribs, Potato Pebbles, Pumpkin Fudge, Tomato Dust

Dessert

Chef in a Candy Shop

Here 'ya go. It is in the blog link above - but here is a copy.

Looks like the Chocolate Melting Cake is gone too :(

Executive Chef Daniel Arulraj welcomes Ms. H82Seaugo

Aboard the Carnival Magic, Tuesday February 21, 2012

RECEPTION

Parmesan Core & Olive

Chorizo & Dates, Piquillo Sofrito

Focaccia, Mascarpone Cream & Prosciutto Crudo

Langoustine & Sundried Tomato Jam Fritters

MENU

Tomatoes Our Way!

Aerated Tomato Juice, Cocoa Butter Coated, Chardonnay Poached

Tuna Banh Mi

Lemon Bread, Sesame Crisp, Miso Cream Avocado gel

Cornish Hen

Caramelized, Butternut Squash, Sofrito

Bavarois

Spinach, Green Peas, Warm Turnip & Apple Juice

Salmon

Herb Pesto, Cured Tomatoes, Carrots, Fava, Mushroom Earth, Condensed Beets

Wagyu

Slow Stewed short ribs, Potato Pebbles, Pumpkin Fudge, Tomato Dust

Dessert

Chef in a Candy Shop

wow short ribs as well .What a shame we had such a great time and the whole experience was awesome.

. . . Sadly...we will pass.

I've enjoyed six superb meals at the Chef's Table onboard four separate CCL ships. Yum!! :)

I'd (in theory) have to join you in passing on the new menu exprience, and choose, instead, to do an additional evening in the Steakhouse, where I know I'd enjoy every single bite put in front of me.

I've enjoyed six superb meals at the Chef's Table onboard four separate CCL ships. Yum!! :)

I'd (in theory) have to join you in passing on the new menu exprience, and choose, instead, to do an additional evening in the Steakhouse, where I know I'd enjoy every single bite put in front of me.

......for less than HALF of the cost! ;)

Wagyu is the breed of cattle

In the Kobe region of Japan , they raise the cattle with a very strict technique / feed and exersize

Which results in very good and highly prized meat

Wagyu cattle is now available thru out the world. But since it is not raised and produced in Kobe ( with thier techniques) it's not the same quality

By the way there is a belief that in Kobe some of the cattle diet includes beer and they massage the cattle

In the Kobe region of Japan , they raise the cattle with a very strict technique / feed and exersize

Wagyu cattle is now available thru out the world. But since it is not raised and produced in Kobe ( with thier techniques) it's not the same quality

By the way there is a belief that in Kobe some of the cattle diet includes beer and they massage the cattle

Ok....that is just CRAZY! :eek: :cool:

It's true. I saw a show about Kobe beef and they gave the cows beer and massaged the cows. I think it was on the Food channel.

No way would I pay $75 for that menu.

I feel the same way! :o

The first menu had many unique choices - not available anywhere else on the ship.

I know that the service and presentation is still probably top-notch. But the "new" menu itself comes across to me as "chicken", "salmon" and a "steak" - just a disappointment compared to the original menu :cool:

So its just NOT worth the $75/per person fee to do it now....IMHO. :(

. . . Curious to see if anyone has eaten from both and which they liked better.

I can only compare the desserts (as I've had both the old and new).

I preferred the old/original one MUCH better . . . . although the 'Candy Store' was an interesting array of schtuff.

Archived