Diving - Nassau, Freeport or Key West?

The_Graphic1

I'm a new diver, finishing my open water in a couple weeks. We're going to be cruising to Key West, Nassau & Freeport in January of 2018 and I'd like to dive at one of the locations. Since I'm new, they're probably all going to be interesting dives for me I'm sure. But, I'm trying to decide which is going to be the place I should dive. I also have to factor in which port will have other things for my wife to do while I'm diving, so absolute best dive may not be the final determining factor. I want to make sure she and the other people cruising with us will have fun stuff to do as well. My best option might be if I could find a port that I could dive and they could snorkel and enjoy the beach.

I've been to several other ports on cruises but these are all 3 new ports for us.

I used to dive but I've actually never dived in any of those 3 locations. I think your decision might depend on what hours you're in port and whether the dives are offered through the cruise line or if you're doing them on your own. Unfortunately, a lot of cruise stop hours don't coordinate well with 2-tank dives.

Congrats on getting certified!

• 2 weeks later...
Forgot to say - you're going to need a wetsuit in those places if you're diving in January. The water will be chilly! :)

For sure you'll need a wetsuit. The water in the Bahamas is chilly in January ... even for just snorkeling.