Blue Mountains tour from Sydney in October

jango52

Anyone have a recommendation for a great day tour company out of Sydney to the Blue Mountains? Thnx

Viator have a big range of tours and/or activities to choose from. They're worldwide and have an excellent reputation. Best of all, the company was started in Australia in the 1990s. We've used them all over and always find them to be reliable, well priced and enjoyable touring. The Blue Mountains tour includes a stop at Featherdale Wildlife Park where you can see and often touch all Australia's friendly native creatures. https://www.viator.com/tours/Sydney/Blue-Mountains-Nature-and-Wildlife-Day-Tour-from-Sydney/d357-2230S15

We are also looking at Blue Mountains tours. Blue Diamonds Blue Mountains tour was recommended highly in numerous posts. They include everything in their price too and offer a SMALL group experience (very important to us). The BD tour also includes a hot lunch and the river cruise to end the trip. Appears that they do not go to Wentworth Falls, is this a "should not miss" thing? Do they allow you enough time at Scenic World & Featherdale Wildlife Park? Anyone with experience of this tour, please respond.

I have also looked at the possibility of taking the train out to Blue Mountains and then doing the Blue Mountain Explorer. That would allow us the flexibility to stay as long as we want at the places that interest us most. They even include a shuttle to Wentworth Falls. I'm just not sure that we would have enough time to do Featherdale the same day doing this on our own due to longer transportation times using buses/shuttles/trains and with us not familiar with the area.

I would definitely appreciate feedback from anyone that would have experience with doing the Blue Mountains either way (or anything better). If Blue Diamond can take us everywhere without feeling rushed, I'm thinking it may be a better than doing it on our own. It is a little more expensive than doing it on our own but not that much to make a difference if it makes better use of our time. (We fly in early on Monday morning and board the ship on Friday but also want to see all the attractions around the heart of Sydney, as well as Bondi Beach.)

Any help with these plans is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Kathy

Anyone have a recommendation for a great day tour company out of Sydney to the Blue Mountains? Thnx

We're doing the "1 Day Blue Mountain Deluxe Tour" by Sightseeing Tours Australia. Its from 7 am to 6:30 pm and is $ 260 AUD (about $ 198 USD). We're doing it on Monday Oct 30. It has great reviews on Tripadvisor and it goes to all the places that we want to see.

Teanne

Funkat: We used Blue Diamond Tours in 2011 for a day trip to the Blue Mountains and were extremely pleased. There were eight of us in a fourteen passenger Mercedes van. Very personalized service. I have never visited Wentworth Falls, so can't comment. But I felt we had enough time at Featherdale (which I actually liked much more than I thought I would).

Funkat: We used Blue Diamond Tours in 2011 for a day trip to the Blue Mountains and were extremely pleased. There were eight of us in a fourteen passenger Mercedes van. Very personalized service. I have never visited Wentworth Falls, so can't comment. But I felt we had enough time at Featherdale (which I actually liked much more than I thought I would).

Thanks for the reply. Did they allow you enough time to ride everything at Scenic World too?

Thanks for the reply. Did they allow you enough time to ride everything at Scenic World too?

Funkat: All eight of us did the Skyway; we were dropped off on one side and picked up on the other. Several of us also did the inline railway (if I memory is correct, one couple chose not to take it); we had enough time that we could do one of the walks at the base of the railway before taking it back up to the top.

Hope that helps. It was a long, full day.

Funkat: All eight of us did the Skyway; we were dropped off on one side and picked up on the other. Several of us also did the inline railway (if I memory is correct, one couple chose not to take it); we had enough time that we could do one of the walks at the base of the railway before taking it back up to the top.

Hope that helps. It was a long, full day.

Thanks so much for the help!