Celebration Ship - Pro's and Cons

Ok guys

Your all experienced cruisers who know a thing or two about holidaying on a ship .

It's my first time

Myself and the wife (mid Forties ) are exited about a week on the Caribbean Sea .

However we don't know what to expect .

I've heard positive and negative reports on the celebration ship .

I know it's one of the smallest ships (1200) and a little worse for wear .

What can I look forward to

?????????????????????

We have recently got back from a cruise on the same ship and though it is small and a bit old they do an excellent job. The food is great and the restaurant seems well organised. The entertainment was great even though the new show team had only just started.

The staff are the friendliest I have seen on a cruise.

Also I think they are very efficient with excursions etc. They get you off the ship and on the bus almost instantly. I was very impressed.

You might feel a bit young though! Lots of old people and very few young ones.

She might be old but she's in good nick - I was impressed with how well-maintained she was when I sailed on her in June, and my cabin was lovely.

I'll admit that Celebration isn't my favourite, I think because of the size (I've always preferred Majesty because it feels less cramped on board to me) but I have no complaints, the size of a ship is just a case of personal preference. The staff were outstanding, the food and entertainment were both consistently high quality, and I had a great holiday. On a smaller ship disembarking is definitely easier, especially at tender ports.

I think the clientele have been a little older on the ex-UK sailings over the summer, but as you are on a Caribbean cruise I'm sure there will be a good mix. I'm in my 40s and met plenty of people of a similar age.

Our favourite ship - did the Baltic last month on her - yes she is old, but full of charm and staff just superb. We prefer smaller ships, they just seem more intimate and the passengers being of slightly advanced years mean not many children, love kids but did that many years ago. Agree that music in Horizon Bar, our favourite bar, not great - too loud - you just want quiet moody music, that you can talk above. You will love the ship - enjoy !

Strum Jam always used to be in Horizons when they were on Spirit. Where do they play now on Celebration and who are the loud performers in Horizons?

Sent from my Hudl 2 using Tapatalk

They only played in horizons for one year back in 2009 (their first contract), they did not play on spirit again till last year and were in high spirits the same as this year.

Having a very senior moment apologies to all Firstly Strum Jam were on Spirit when I was on in June - they only played in Liberties and the lido deck The New Dimensions Trio in Horizons also Barclay Beatles in Raffles Cruise Director Ted James ACD was Ian who was fantastic - he'd just come from NCL

Secondly New Generation were on Celebration in January in Liberties, Plug & Play duo in Hemingways and Music Waves duo in Horizons also Aiden in Hemingways Cruise Director was Jake ?

Whether they are all still there I'm not sure

• 4 weeks later...

we did our 1st cruise on the Celebration last year (Adriatic) and enjoyed it so much we have booked for the Caribbean in January. Yes, she is older and smaller than many ships now but the staff, food, entertainment and friendliness make up for that.

Getting on and off was so quick and easy, especially compared to a cruise on a Costa megaship 3 years ago!

I found the age group to be slightly younger than the Cunard/P&O passengers and I think that will be similar n the Caribbean (we are 55 & 56).

The cabin (Deck 2 outside) was smaller than we've previously had but very clean and a very comfortable bed.

Can't wait for our next adventure!