Fare for ferry to Pointe du Bout

mrs66

Has anyone been to Martinique recently and remember the current ferry fare? And is it one way or round trip? We will be traveling with a family of 4; I'm planning to get some euros and I'm just trying to calculate how many we will need. Thank you!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

We did this just last week. The cost is 7 euros per person round trip. On the way over you pay and they will give you a ticket to give back to them on the return. The first stop there was a stretch of beach and restaurants, marked off swimming areas. We asked someone about Pointe Du Bout and they told us it was a 5 minute walk, we walked along the beach,, up the hill, down the hill, quick left and there is a hotel that deadends the street. Behind the hotel was a Beautiful beach, very calm, a bar for drinks. You could rent chairs, 2 for 20 dollars. There are some shaded "huts" but they won't rent the umbrellas. We were off the ship early, I recommend this, as the beach got busy really quick. Better to go early and be back early. The ferry ride was quick, 20 minutes maybe.

We did this just last week. The cost is 7 euros per person round trip. On the way over you pay and they will give you a ticket to give back to them on the return. The first stop there was a stretch of beach and restaurants, marked off swimming areas. We asked someone about Pointe Du Bout and they told us it was a 5 minute walk, we walked along the beach,, up the hill, down the hill, quick left and there is a hotel that deadends the street. Behind the hotel was a Beautiful beach, very calm, a bar for drinks. You could rent chairs, 2 for 20 dollars. There are some shaded "huts" but they won't rent the umbrellas. We were off the ship early, I recommend this, as the beach got busy really quick. Better to go early and be back early. The ferry ride was quick, 20 minutes maybe.

thanks for this information. Would you do this again?...or pick another place? I am thinking of doing the exact same, but looking at other options as well. Did you eat lunch there?...looks like there are some shops/restaurants nearby/above the beach...seems like a nice place to stroll around.

John in NC

I would absolutely do this again. The area we found, the only place to have lunch was at the cute little bar by the beach. (although, I think you could have eaten at the hotel, but that might have been a little pricey). At the bar thingy, the only thing they had were panninis,(?) which were huge and affordable. If you stay at the area where the ferry first docks, there are a few restaurants right on the beach, I think if you walked to the street side, there is probably we more. We ventured off of that beach, to a different area. The area we were at was very calm, crystal clear water, kind of like a marina. If you look to the left when you are headed to the beach on the ferry, you will see a little marina area, that is where we ended up. If I went again, I might stay on the ferry to Anse Mitan, but being the first time, and not much English speaking, Pointe du Bout felt like enough of an adventure! Also, we thought we would go into town when we got back, that was a waste, I would just go right back to the ship. I have no idea how to post a picture, or else I would!

There are MANY places to eat in a small area. After walking around we had an EXCELLENT lunch here:

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

My Excellent Caesar Salad

ry%3D400

Here were our Ferry Tickets: As soon as you get off the Ferry, there is a sign with all of the departure times.

ry%3D400

Departure sign:

ry%3D400

Portmaster,

If we get off at Pointe de Bout we will see the beach in your photo (the one with the bar over the water)?

Those restaurants are within walking distance too?

I was originally considering Pointe de Bout but then thought of going to Anse-Mitan. Is Anse-Mitan within walking distance of Pointe de Bout? I can't find either beach on google map to see exactly where everything is in location to the ferry dock.

Thanks,

Sheal

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Anse+Mitan,+Martinique/@14.5555126,-61.0513458,1113m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m2!3m1!1s0x8c401dfb266537d7:0x73056c6556d48dc6

You can clearly see the Marina of Pointe Du Bout in the picture. When actually walking from the Marina, the beach/bar in the water would be a little to the right and you can see it in the map jutting out in the water from the small beach area. In the picture/map though, its on the left. Anse Mitan is in walking distance, but a little further down the road. When walking up the sidewalk from the Ferry Drop off point, you will see the public toilet on your right, futher up on your left is an ice cream shop

Public Restroom on your right: ry%3D400

Ice Cream Shop on your left: ry%3D400

The Amazing Shop is just to the left of the 'roadway' going down to the beach/bar over the water: ry%3D400

Here is the end of the roadway, to the left is the small beach/bar over water: ry%3D400

ry%3D400

IF you made a left at the Amazing shop, it would take you down the road past the stores/restaurants (including the one we ate in) towards Anse Mitan area.

PortMaster,

Great pictures. I will add these landmarks to my notes.

The place looks beautiful, too bad my French is so pathetic. Good practice for our trip this summer, we have a stop in Nice.

Thanks again,

Sheal

I have tons of pictures, including the ones from walking around Fort-De-France after we returned from Trois-ilets. We enjoyed Martinique very much. Those that don't, in my opinion, really did not SEE Martinique. We went into the Museum, Cathedral, the Library and all over both sides of the Baie. Any other questions, just ask.

Enjoy your trip!

• 4 months later...
Is it possible to rent/use some shade at either Anse Mitan or Pointe du Bout? I am very fair-skinned and can't go to the beach without some shade. Thanks in advance for your input!

good question, I'd like to know too! Portmaster, do you have any pics of the beach at Anse Mitan? Do you get off the ferry at the same stop as Pont du Bout or does it have it's own stop? What amenities are there? I love the sun but def need to be able to get an umbrella for shade...

good question, I'd like to know too! Portmaster, do you have any pics of the beach at Anse Mitan? Do you get off the ferry at the same stop as Pont du Bout or does it have it's own stop? What amenities are there? I love the sun but def need to be able to get an umbrella for shade...

Just bumping this up in case someone has the required info?

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Many thanks to all who shared information about Martinique especially PortMaster. We will be visiting Fort de France by cruise ship in early January 2016 on a Sunday. We have decided to take the ferry to Pointe du Bout across the Bay of Fort de France to Trois-Ilets and explore the beach area as well as Le Village Créole. I found the ferry schedule online as well as information about a beach bar, Coco Bar, and Le Bistrot d'en Face, a restaurant that might still employ an English speaking bartender named Eric. I'll list the websites below that I found that were interesting and informative for our upcoming port of call in Fort de France.

Le Village Créole, Pointe du Bout, Trois-Ilets

http://www.village-creole.com/hotel-martinique-accueil-.html

Ferry Schedule between Fort de France and Pointe du Bout (as well as Anse Mitan, Anse à la'Ane, and Bourge des Trois-Ilets).

http://www.vedettes-madinina.com/horaires-et-dessertes-des-vedettes-madinina/

Translation Note: Sunday (dim); Monday (lun), Tuesday (mar), Wednesday (mer), Thursday (jeu), Friday (ven), and Saturday (sam).

Review of Le Bistrot d'en Face

http://www.uncommoncaribbean.com/2014/09/26/friday-happy-hour-my-second-favorite-place-to-drink-rhum-in-trois-ilets/

Review of the Coco Bar

http://www.uncommoncaribbean.com/2015/06/22/the-effortless-attraction-of-le-coco-bar-in-martinique/

http://www.uncommoncaribbean.com/2012/01/28/re-living-post-war-joy-with-the-music-of-ernest-leardee-at-the-coco-bar-in-martinique/

A chocolate sweet treat from Martinique - Chocolat Elot

http://www.uncommoncaribbean.com/2015/02/04/taste-of-the-caribbean-smile-inducing-chocolat-elot-from-martinique/

Royal Cocktail Tropical -- A non alcoholic fruit drink processed on Martinique from Martinique fruits

http://www.uncommoncaribbean.com/2012/07/09/taste-of-the-caribbean-royal-cocktail-tropical-finally-a-french-caribbean-soda-i-can-love/

Edited by Skittlescat

• 2 months later...

I haven't seen a lot of information on how to get to the ferry terminal in fort de France once you exit the ship. It also looks like there are many different companies. Is that true? We are on Celebrity Summit, so where do you go once we get off? Which company do we look for? I have Euros, thankfully. Anyone have pictures for visual reference?

I haven't seen a lot of information on how to get to the ferry terminal in fort de France once you exit the ship. It also looks like there are many different companies. Is that true? We are on Celebrity Summit, so where do you go once we get off? Which company do we look for? I have Euros, thankfully. Anyone have pictures for visual reference?

After you leave your ship, stick to the right along the water/pier. You will run right into the Ferry Dock. Cant miss it. Just tell them which stop you want and they will understand. Pointe Du Bout, Anse Mitan or Ans A L'ane. Dont forget to get your return ticket and when you get off of the Ferry, look at the sign for the return times so you know when to get back to the Ferry Dock.

Okay so I know now how to get to the ferry and which stops it makes. I would still like to know tho, which beach to go to, choosing between either Pont du Bout or Anse Mitan? Need loungers, umbrella, bathrooms and somewhere close to get food/drinks? Either beach quieter than the other?

Thanks!

We also are struggling with where to get off the ferry & go to beach: PointeDuBout or AnseMitan.

For what it's worth, I cross-checked on Trip Advisor forum and many say that AnseMitan is the better beach destination.

Again, info from that board says chairs & umbrellas are available to rent at Anse Mitan, hope they're right.

We're sailing on Summit first week of January.

Whatever you do choose to do, enjoy it & have a great time

We also are struggling with where to get off the ferry & go to beach: PointeDuBout or AnseMitan.

For what it's worth, I cross-checked on Trip Advisor forum and many say that AnseMitan is the better beach destination.

Again, info from that board says chairs & umbrellas are available to rent at Anse Mitan, hope they're right.

We're sailing on Summit first week of January.

Whatever you do choose to do, enjoy it & have a great time

We'll be on the Summit for a b2b starting Feb 13...at this point I'm thinking we'll just take the ferry to Anse Mitan and hope for the best lol!! Hoping you can post when you get back and let me know what you did at this port?

Enjoy your cruise!

Cathy

Does anyone know if you can take the ferry from Fort de France to Anse Mitan, then returned from Pointe du Bout to Fort de France on the return? Just curious if you have to arrive and depart by the same stop both ways?

Thank you in advance.

Yes, I am sure you can. We actually took ferry to Pointe du Bout walked to Anse Mitan and took ferry back from there.