Going solo! Got dumped the day we leave.

Breezie68

Here I am, sitting in my hotel room in Miami. My boyfriend was supposed to be here too, but he dumped me at 4am this morning. So, I am going on a solo cruise on the Destiny tomorrow! I have a friend and her boyfriend also on this cruise, so is not totally solo, but she and I have differing views on how a great vacation should be, so I'm figuring I will only see her and her boyfriend at dinner. Here goes nothing! I will be back with a review. Nothing will keep me from cruising!

---

I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?vvdn0w

Here I am, sitting in my hotel room in Miami. My boyfriend was supposed to be here too, but he dumped me at 4am this morning. So, I am going on a solo cruise on the Destiny tomorrow! I have a friend and her boyfriend also on this cruise, so is not totally solo, but she and I have differing views on how a great vacation should be, so I'm figuring I will only see her and her boyfriend at dinner. Here goes nothing! I will be back with a review. Nothing will keep me from cruising!

---

Sorry to hear. I love cruising solo. I can do what I want, when I want.

I'm sure you'll have a great cruise, despite the moron.:eek::D:eek:

Guest LoveMyBoxer

---

So sorry about this. Cry for one day and move on! His loss and you are now single and will meet other great people. Have a good time and remember what he did!

Here I am, sitting in my hotel room in Miami. My boyfriend was supposed to be here too, but he dumped me at 4am this morning.

Well, if he was dumb enough to miss a cruise...he is absolutely not worth your time. I say go girl and enjoy yourself. Mr. Right may be waiting on the ship for ya....but remember.... Cruising alone is better than cruising with someone that doesn't deserve you!!!

Enjoy your cruise!

Aww hugs girl! Dont even give him another thought! You are more important than that. I just went on my first solo cruise on the Destiny, last November with my 6 yr old son and I had a great time! There are always people out there who want to meet an upbeat, fun person and you sound just the type! Go have an amazing time and he can sit on his useless tush and whine about how you are having the time of your life! He isnt even worth your time to think about, what a loser!!!!

oh wow. I can't believe he bailed out on you, especially after you paid for everything! I hope Carnival can work with you somehow and you get at least some of your money back. I hope you still have a great cruise though...and hopefully your friend would be there for you during your time of need and doesn't just ditch you! (or at least that's what I do if you were my friend.)

& I'm looking forward to your review! I sail Destiny in 51 days and can't wait :D

Guest LoveMyBoxer
Thanks for the well wishes! Should I alert carnival he isn't coming when I check in? I paid for the cruise, and all our excursions, so I am hoping I get refunded for the excursions and maybe port fees.

---

I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?m4nbjp

Don't tell them about the cancellation since it will probably cost you more at a single rate. Try and get a refund for the excursions while on board.

I've done solo twice and so, to cheer you up, here are some pros:

1) It's easy to find a single seat anywhere, in shows, on decks, in dining areas. Way easy. This can be a big deal when there are crowds.

2) Solo cruisers are always more intriguing, they have better stories, and they're friendlier (okay, that's all just my opinion).

Also, if you're booked at a table for four in the MDR, with your paired friends who have other interests, think about trying to get moved to a big table with mixed passengers. It's actually easier to mix in with a group when you're solo. It's not difficult for solos to get reassigned in the MDR if they ask. There's always a table here or there with an open seat.

Archived