How To Deal with Work Between Cruises ... Please Feel Free to Add Your Suggestions

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 02:26 AM.
Central Square, NY, USA
211 Posts
Joined Apr 2002
This cruise addiction thing has truly become terminal. We came off our latest adventure(Golden Princess, Eastern Caribbean) 2 weeks ago tomorrow - usually I'd be in major P.C.D. (Post-Cruise Depression, to the uninitiated) but I'm actually still riding a nice post-cruise buzz and feeling almost - not quite, but almost - as blissful as when I was on the ship.

Here's my secret:

The Ideal Between-Cruise Work Space Environment

If anyone has any favorite cruising trinkets or souviners, PLEASE kick in here with your suggestions! I'd love to hear how other people cope

Bob

P.S. - Today at work, I called a place we do business with and the receptionist responded with "Oh! You're the guy they told me to talk to about taking a cruise!! We've been thinking about it and ... (etc etc etc)

One of the most flattering moments of my life ...

"These moments we’re left with - may you always remember
These moments are shared, by few
And those harbor lights, lord they’re coming into view
We’ll bid our farewells much too soon
So drink it up, this one’s for you -
Honey, it’s been a lovely cruise."
-- James W. Buffett

Carnival Triumph, April '02
Carnival Sensation, January '04
Golden Princess, April '04

Carnival Sensation, Golden Princess / Caribbean Princess pix at: Cool Cruisin' Pix

e-mail: [email protected]
Cape Coral, Florida
12,083 Posts
Joined Apr 2001
I have a picture of the Caribbean Princess as wallpaper on my computer, and I had a picture of the Golden we took at Princess Cays blown up and it is hanging over the computer at eye level.

Sue
7 days on Star Princess 10/24

North Carolina
159 Posts
Joined Jun 2001
I've had pics enlarged from several cruises, had them framed and hung them in my office.

Diamond Princess

<center>
<a href="http://www.escati.com/counter98/free_time_codes.htm">
</center>
14,192 Posts
Joined Jan 2003
I bring home a selection of adult beverages from the Caribbean. When the situation calls for it, I prescribe a shot, or two, or three of such distillates for myself. If my supply reaches a critically low level, I know it's time for another cruise.

Just completed:
Caribbean Princess Apr 3/04
Golden Princess Apr 10/04
Coming up:
Tahitian Princess Oct 14/04
Central Square, NY, USA
211 Posts
Joined Apr 2002
Spongerob,

Yeh, but our next cruise isn't for a while. I may have already mentioned to you that we brought 15 bottles of rum home in our carry-on on 4/17, but there are only 2 left ... what's a boy to do???

OK, we gave alot away as souvenirs, but still ...

Bob

P.S.: Linda - HI !!!

'Dawg -- I was hoping I could borrow your script ...

"These moments we’re left with - may you always remember
These moments are shared, by few
And those harbor lights, lord they’re coming into view
We’ll bid our farewells much too soon
So drink it up, this one’s for you -
Honey, it’s been a lovely cruise."
-- James W. Buffett

Carnival Triumph, April '02
Carnival Sensation, January '04
Golden Princess, April '04

Carnival Sensation, Golden Princess / Caribbean Princess pix at: Cool Cruisin' Pix

e-mail: [email protected]
New Jersey, USA
128 Posts
Joined Jul 2002
Well Bob...I actually come here to cruise critic and head over to the Princess roll call forum and catch up with my Golden 4/10 buddies!!! I check out the latest photos that have been posted from our cruise (none of which are mine b/c I'm having technical difficulties). Then...we all discuss our plans for the big June '05 cruise. That's how I'm gettin' by. Oh...that and listening to a LOT of Buffett . Finzup! Ciao!
14,192 Posts
Joined Jan 2003
Looking for a 'scrip, Bob?

WWJBD?

"There's booze in the blender
And soon it will render
That frozen concoction that helps me hang on."

Finzup!

Just completed:
Caribbean Princess Apr 3/04
Golden Princess Apr 10/04
Coming up:
Tahitian Princess Oct 14/04
Orange Park, Florida
4,724 Posts
Joined Mar 2002
It's hard to bear, I just count how many more commissions I need for the next cruise. And talk, talk, talk cruising with anyone that will respond. Cruise Critics helps a lot! I need a desk like Bob's.

Gloria

Grand Princess, Eastern, April 2001
Grand Princess, Western,April 2002
Regal to Hawaii, April 5-20, 2004
Vestal, NY US
318 Posts
Joined May 2001
I find the best way to cope is to start obsessing about my next cruise right away. And check onto the boards a least once or twice a day. I also try to convince evryone I see how wonderful cruising is. My daughter once accused me of being cruise missionary. A worthy cause - I think so!
397 Posts
Joined Dec 2003
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Nrknits:
I find the best way to cope is to start obsessing about my next cruise right away. And check onto the boards a least once or twice a day. I also try to convince evryone I see how wonderful cruising is. My daughter once accused me of being cruise missionary. A worthy cause - I think so!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You took the words right out of my mouth!!! LOL!

12/2/04 Sun Princes
2/27/04 Golden Princess
11/21/03 Majesty of the Seas
Carnival 10/87
NCL 4/93
Norway 4/95
Costa 5/97
London, United Kingdom
274 Posts
Joined Aug 2003
I am a little concerned that I am looking forward to my next cruise just to be able to book another cruise. Do I need therapy?!?!

Derrick

Alaska Sampler on the Diamond Princess

First Anniversary on the Sun Princess in

One last cruise before the anklebiters come along. Bangkok to Beijing on the Sapphire Princess.

We got hitched at sea in November, 2003 Aboard the Golden Princess
Connecticut
1,880 Posts
Joined Dec 2000
For me, part of vacation is the "planning process." I have such a blast making lists and purchasing new clothes, etc. That is what keeps me going until our next vaca.

OUR NEXT ONWARD JOURNEY!
Philadelphia, PA
1,180 Posts
Joined Mar 2004
I sit in front of a computer all day making a feeble attempt at working until I can't see any more (yeah computers!) and then I have to recover so I am able to drive home.

In the process of planning - possibly on the Caribbean Princess in August. I have to work around my school schedule in addition to building up vacation time (only 2 weeks/year).

-gopher's girl

I have a fever, and the only prescription is more cowbell!