I need help really fast about puchasing train tickets

mafiadon

When planning our trip to Italy last Sept. I too had problems with the Trenitalia site. When arranging our transfers with romelimousineplus I asked if they could purchase tickets for the 6 of us. They had the tickets for me when they picked us up in Civit. No problem.:D:D:D

I just tried it by making a dummy booking. I had no problem getting right to the point where I had to input my credit card. (obviously I didn't do that.)

Maybe it's your browser. I'm using Google Chrome.

Also, what kind of train are you trying to buy the tickets for?

STEPS

I went to the site and put in my proposed itinerary (date -- day first, then month) and time.

The site gave me a range of time options. I selected one.

Then I was given a range of service (class options). I selected one, then pressed "Continue"

Then I was asked to input the information for the passenger(s) -- name, surname, email, contact number.

I then skipped the next section "Additional Services" (allows you to book a hotel or other services).

I then selected "non-registered user" and again filled in information -- name, surname, email, contact number -- for the purchaser.

I then selected the method of payment. Then clicked that I agreed to the terms. Then hit "Continue". The site then took me to the page where the credit card info needs to be provided.

Are you missing something on one of these steps that would cause the system to kick you back to the start?

I am going to be taking a train from Firenze (SM Novella) to Civitavecchia in late October. I am trying to practice booking it. I am using your example above.

I am using a close by date for this practice. I get through picking the price for the Firenze to Rome and the Rome to Civitavecchia, but when I click "continue" I get an error reading of: Credential parameter missing.

Also, am I supposed to put something on the box that reads: Loyalty code passenger 1?

I am going to be taking a train from Firenze (SM Novella) to Civitavecchia in late October. I am trying to practice booking it. I am using your example above.

I am using a close by date for this practice. I get through picking the price for the Firenze to Rome and the Rome to Civitavecchia, but when I click "continue" I get an error reading of: Credential parameter missing.

Also, am I supposed to put something on the box that reads: Loyalty code passenger 1?

I think the problem is that you're trying to book a Regionale train more than 7 days out. Even if you get a price, normally you can only book the a week in advance.

You actually can book now for Firenze-Roma, and the high-speed train to Civitavecchia. If you want to book a combination that includes a Regionale, I would just book the Firenze-Roma ticket now and wait to book the Roma-Civitavecchia ticket at the station.

Originally I was trying to book a "senior" ticket. I guess I'm not allowed to do that, because when I changed the fare to Base pr premium, I was able to go forward in booking the ticket.

I guess "senior" is for people who live in Italy.