Best beach for Snorkeling

MartinsCruise

We are looking for a nice beach where we can snorkel from the beach. For those who have been there recently, what would you recommend? Originally we planned on going to Pigeon Beach but after reading some of the reviews of Bucco Reef, it sounds like it may have deteriorated. We would appreciate any comments. Thanks! :)

• 3 months later...

Well, this is a rather late reply, but we just returned from a cruise and tried Arnos Vale. I'm posting for the benefit of anyone still searching for the answer to your question.

We're not greatly experienced snorkelers, but my wife is heavily into tropical fish and was delighted with the variety of fish to be found. Where we entered, the sand quickly turns to small rocks and the surf was strong, making entry a bit difficult, but another couple went further north and reported a much easier entry. The reef has some damage, but appeared to be mostly healthy. Our costs were $12pp for the cab ride (including tip) there and back and $6pp at the hotel for beach access and a lounge chair. We did not stay for lunch or purchase drinks, as I had heard they were relatively expensive, but even if we had, I think it would have been a good overall value.

We brought three other couples with us, and we were thanked for finding Arnos Vale. One said it was the best day of the five ports of call they had.

• 1 month later...

Archived