Shout Outs

I thought it would be fun to start a "Shout Out" thread -- where we give praise and compliments to deserving RCI staff. Let's keep thread positive. We can start a negative thread if we need that.

Shout out to the classical music group "The Three Seasons" on the Mariner of the Seas. This is a group of 2 violinists and one pianist all from the Ukraine, and all are very talented. Thank you and RCI for having classical music.

Shout out to the musical group Synergy and Katrina Love from a couple of my Voyager of the Seas cruises. I don't know if they will ever be back on RCI, but the group and especially Katrina always wowed me. I loved your Christmas cap with the flashing lights.

Shout out to Derek Lewis, usually in the English pub on voyager class ships, provide the pub is non-smoking. Catch phrases: "Superstar". "Worth far less than one thousand dollars."

OK...Your turn.

I don't know how often they play on the ships, but we spent hours listening to Fresh Sound Duo (Ilona Lityahina & Aleksandr Karatsyuba) on the Jewel of the Seas TA this past May. Classical violinist and Guitarist, but they play more contemporary pieces. Truly the most beautiful violin I have ever heard.

I thought it would be fun to start a "Shout Out" thread -- where we give praise and compliments to deserving RCI staff. Let's keep thread positive. We can start a negative thread if we need that.

OK...Your turn.

Great idea! I hope this thread is still going when we get back from our cruise in March!

Shout out to the classical music group "The Three Seasons" on the Mariner of the Seas. This is a group of 2 violinists and one pianist all from the Ukraine, and all are very talented. Thank you and RCI for having classical music.

Shout out to the musical group Synergy and Katrina Love from a couple of my Voyager of the Seas cruises. I don't know if they will ever be back on RCI, but the group and especially Katrina always wowed me. I loved your Christmas cap with the flashing lights.

Shout out to Derek Lewis, usually in the English pub on voyager class ships, provide the pub is non-smoking. Catch phrases: "Superstar". "Worth far less than one thousand dollars."

OK...Your turn.

Wonderful idea, Jimnbigd! Big ups to my favorite Cruise Director, Marc "Bing Bong" Walker, who ALWAYS keeps the Monarch of the Seas rockin' and rollin'. Not to mention, he's funny as all heck! He and his wife just had their first baby last year....and he keeps his fans informed of everything he's doing on his Facebook page....LUV YA' MARC!

Shout out to the Jazz Club on Oasis and Allure and the wonderful jazz combos that play there night after night.

Shout out to the staff of Sports Deck on Oasis and ALlure. They have a tough, hot, demanding job running the Flowriders, Zip Line and Rock Climbing Wall. They are so patient and careful to keep everyone safe, yet having maximum fun.

ShoutOut's to:

Oana Popa...An amazing RCI DL Concierge.

Gershwin Bronswinkle...An ex RCI DL Concierge...What ever cruiseline was lucky to get you it was definitely RCI's loss and their gain.

Kudos to Black Pearl, pianist and violinist (married couple, I think) on Radiance of the Seas last spring from Sydney to Honolulu, and Honolulu to Vancouver.

Absolutely wonderful! Hope we get to hear them again.

Regards,

Jan

Oh where do I begin.....

Shout out for Rosa, GSM on Jewel, Leander, GSM on Monarch...Nedere Reid, Concierge on Jewel (maybe)... Casey Pelter, Drew Devine, and Ricky Matthews (CD's)........Tony Curtis, Adriana Tibidou, John Denton, Tony Marsecu (sp?), Hotel Directors...and then there's the masters :)

Shout out to...

Reyno Varkevisser, Concierge on the Enchantment of the Seas.

He turns his CL into a magical, joyful place with his larger-than-life personality!!

Great Thread! We ditto Reyno Varkevisser--met him on the Radiance and Nedere Reid, Concierge on Jewel, both Excellent!!

Barb

Archived