Table Clothes

I have been reading items on several different posts topics here that refer to Carnival doing away with table clothes in the main dining room. Is this true? I hope not. Please! I am comfortable with a more relaxed dress code in the MDR, but I enjoy gracious fine dining. If I want totally casual, then there is the Lido buffet. Options. Of course I guess I can always pay an up-charge and gp tp the Steakhouse for a table cloth experience, but I hate to have to make that choice. So, can anyone tell me what is going on....

I am sailing The CARNIVAL MAGIC in just over a month. Taking with me a seasoned RCI cruiser that I hope to get on board with Carnival. Casual MDR will not sit well with them, and I will be let down if indeed this is the case.

I have been reading items on several different posts topics here that refer to Carnival doing away with table clothes in the main dining room. Is this true? I hope not. Please! I am comfortable with a more relaxed dress code in the MDR, but I enjoy gracious fine dining. If I want totally casual, then there is the Lido buffet. Options. Of course I guess I can always pay an up-charge and gp tp the Steakhouse for a table cloth experience, but I hate to have to make that choice. So, can anyone tell me what is going on....

I am sailing The CARNIVAL MAGIC in just over a month. Taking with me a seasoned RCI cruiser that I hope to get on board with Carnival. Casual MDR will not sit well with them, and I will be let down if indeed this is the case.

I believe it is true and I even think on some of the newer ships the steakhouse does not have a tablecloth. I hope someone can confirm

I hope they do away with them, do you have any idea how much extra laundry that causes? Think of the dirty water and harsh toxic chemicals used to clean them alone! But if table cloths are more important than the earth... I suppose you have to have them.

I hope they do away with them, do you have any idea how much extra laundry that causes? Think of the dirty water and harsh toxic chemicals used to clean them alone! But if table cloths are more important than the earth... I suppose you have to have them.

Have you seen the nasty cloths that they wipe table after table with? All they're doing is smearing the germs around. If you like dining on an open petri dish then go for it.

Have you seen the nasty cloths that they wipe table after table with? All they're doing is smearing the germs around. If you like dining on an open petri dish then go for it.

You mean with the bucket of solution? The same one they use to clean the plastic tray the silverware and plates are kept before they're rolled into napkins?

They are testing tableclothes on some ships with the new menu.

On the West Coast the Imagination has the pretty tables so it doesn't use the tablecloths. The iNspiration does. Both are serving the new menu.

They are testing tableclothes on some ships with the new menu.

On the West Coast the Imagination has the pretty tables so it doesn't use the tablecloths. The iNspiration does. Both are serving the new menu.

Thank you SadieN. Although I will be disappointed initially, bottom line, things are what they are. I have never had bad food on any Carnival ship, in any venue (service, now that's another thread <G>) and in the MDR, it is the people experience that often make it the highlight of my day. I travel to meet people and that I can do with or without tablecloths. I sail The CARNIVAL MAGIC in just five (5) weeks. I am not going to fret none at this point.

Imagine if we were naked, or stopped wearing underwear just to save on laundry.

What a position to take.

I guess the reason for tablecloths have been lost on some. All the condensation is just ridiculous on the tables, as well as the sanitary measures.

BTW, the rolling of silver wear in the napkins is not done in the dining rooms.

We were on Liberty this past January. Even though we had the new menus, we still had the tablecloths. They had not replaced the tables so they had no choice.

I believe it is true and I even think on some of the newer ships the steakhouse does not have a tablecloth. I hope someone can confirm

no table cloths in the Sunshine steakhouse in December.

We experienced no tableclothes on Glory in Feb. Didnt think I would like it but a nonissue with beautiful tops.

I dont think they would use dirty rags to clean the tops as it would be spreading germs around.

Imagine if we were naked, or stopped wearing underwear just to save on laundry.

What a position to take.

I guess the reason for tablecloths have been lost on some. All the condensation is just ridiculous on the tables, as well as the sanitary measures.

BTW, the rolling of silver wear in the napkins is not done in the dining rooms.

Perhaps they are not, but those who never worked in food service, do not want to know what happens in the kitchen. The last thing you would worry about would be the germs on the tables.

The Liberty had table clothes in January and this past May. I hope they don't take them away completely. It makes a nicer dining experience in my opinion, and as others have posted, wiping down the tables with the same nasty cloth is not sanitary...:eek:

We hope they still use bedsheets on the beds.

Hate to be spreading germs around without them...

Having worked in a number of restaurants I have to agree with this post!!!

I always hated those dingy rags and saw no point in how wiping the table with it actually "cleaned" anything. GROSS!!!

Also no tablecloths mean casual dining. If there are no tablecloths then do away with formal night too!

Definitely seems that Carnival wants to be a very Casual cruise line, which is great for those of us who want to be more relaxed and less worried about what we are going to wear to dinner.

Keep tablecloths for formal nights at least, or you can soon expect to see more cruisers wearing shorts, t-shirts and flip flops in the dining room even on formal nights!!!

If you want "gracious fine dining" a main line cruise is the wrong place. The food is good, not fine dining.

We were on the Glory 6/14 to 6/21 and there were no table clothes except for the two elegant nights. Didnt think i would like it but actually turned out to be a non-issue.

Also, no problems with condensation as some have suggested.

We were on the Glory 6/14 to 6/21 and there were no table clothes except for the two elegant nights. Didnt think i would like it but actually turned out to be a non-issue.

Also, no problems with condensation as some have suggested.

Was on the Glory in Feb and thought same thing and was pleasantly surprised.